Clinical Data Scientist (Real-World Evidence or RWE or HEOR) – Homebased
About the role
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Data Scientist (Real-World Evidence or RWE)
Home based / Remote / Work from home.
What you do?
- Understanding and interpreting the clinical trial protocols into diagnosis ICD codes or other proxy clinical methods defining the diseases and/or treatments.
- Researching the standard of care for diseases or the products mentioned in the protocol to create precise reference tables.
- This could mean NDC lists or HCPCs Lists, or CPT lists or Surgery Lists etc.
- Performing research and concisely summarizing said research regarding diseases, codes, testing or drugs as needed in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with engagement managers, data scientists and therapeutic experts.
- Translating the clinical details to foster understanding across roles and suggesting approaches to manage/provide necessary information.
- Multi-tasking and managing time to provide accurate and complete information for multiple requests.
- Communicating clearly as a clinical SME with conviction and reasoning.
- Contributing towards continual improvement of clinical data maintenance through collaboration with data scientists and data management teams.
- Be willing and able to analyze medical claims data and write articles.
What you need?
- MBBS / BDS / Ph.D. in Pharmacy or Pharmacology related life sciences / clinical research / health care degree or equivalent with at least 6+ years of experience on Health care analytics, Medical & scientific research.
- Prior experience in clinical coding, coding guidelines, protocols.
- Experience or education indicating ability to analyze and interpret medical data and information.
- Medical and scientific knowledge: A Clinical data specialist doesn’t have to be a doctor, pharmacist or nurse, but they do need to have some knowledge of this field.
- Analytical mindset: Needs to understand at least peripherally the impact of clinical information and literature on how data is curated for analytics.
- Background in research: Being a clinical data specialist will require an in-depth knowledge or discipline to perform methodical research.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: This position often requires interaction with team members, colleagues and other stakeholders, so the ability to communicate is essential.
- Willingness to work in UK time zone (2 PM IST to 11 PM IST).
Keywords: Clinical Data Scientist, Real-World Evidence, RWE, HEOR, Homebased, Remote, Healthcare Analytics, Medical & Scientific Research, Clinical Coding, Pharmacy, Pharmacology