Appraisal Specialist- Research Associate
Job ID: R-73631
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Date posted: 10/22/2023
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you becomea better you!
Background and Scope
Unilever is market leader in Cleaning and Hygiene Products has been growing well over several years. Homecare Innovation team is responsible for global design for Domestos, Cif and Living Hygiene brands, one of the fastest growing categories in Unilever and is at the heart of USLP. The team’s responsibilities span new product development, improving value equation of current products and managing specifications for product manufacture/quality. The team is also responsible for driving programs to meet Unilever’s ambitious Clean Future Agenda.
The current job description is for a Research Executive Position reporting into Claims and Appraisals Manager, Homecare Innovation, Bangalore. The role will require delivering to appraisal needs for varying technologies for Cif, Domestos and Living Disinfection. Candidate will need to immerse into methods and protocols for robust result delivery. The focus will be on working closely with an external organization to ensure smooth operations and robust result reporting for technical appraisal protocols set up surface cleaners. New method development for appraisals of novel and disruptive formats/technologies will be a deliverable of the role.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Candidate is expected to work in the laboratory to carry out “on the bench” experiments & demonstrate technical performance of product prototypes.
- He/She will work with other team members to develop/adapt new technologies that delivers superior cleaning experience to consumers across different surfaces such as Kitchen, toilet, floors etc.
- Work with product appraisal and CTI teams to help build superior mixes
- He/She will interact with cross functional team members (SEAC, Regulatory, Legal, Regional R&D, Brand, S&T teams).
- He/She will work with other team members to build capability in the identified areas.
- He/She will leverage digital tools to minimize experiments, maximize output & speed up program delivery.
Skills and experience
We are looking for a person with right attitude and competencies. Candidates with 2 years of experience in appraisals
- Education – Graduation in Chemical Engineering/ Masters in Chemistry, passed with First class in all subjects
- Background/Experience – Good fundamentals in chemical engineering and /or Chemistry. proficient with MS word, excel, power point, Complaisant with Digital tools
- Soft skills – Team worker, Multi-tasking, Excellent communication and writing skills, Creative, Ability to analyse data and provide logical conclusions, document in the form of report, present work to stakeholders.
- Personal Mastery
- Passion for high performance
Keywords: Unilever, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Research Associate, Recruitment, Appraisal Specialist