Thermo Fisher Chemistry Intern Job
Job Title: Application Chemist-Intern
Job Id: R-01213451
Job Type: Full time
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $40 billion and approximately 100,000 employees globally. Our mission is to “Enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer”. We help our customers to accelerate life sciences research, to address novel analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market, and increase laboratory efficiency. Through our outstanding brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Providing outstanding product development services to Thermo Fisher Scientific Global Business Units, is one of the main functions of the India Engineering Center (IEC). This Global Research and Development Center, established in 2009, is located at My Home Twitza, Hyderabad, with over 150 employees. We are a team committed to develop innovative and groundbreaking technical products, ranging from laboratory equipment, analytical instruments, remote monitoring solutions, Tech Publications etc. Our team offers an excellent growth potential and learning opportunitiesto a hardworking individual.
You will join a team of scientists, who involves in new product/ solution development to our customer’s Analytical challenges. This role involves analytical instruments’ operation, method development, method validation etc. Candidate must assist the software/hardware development teams in product testing, and Evaluation. Candidate must ensure smooth laboratory operation by collaborating with facilities and different teams.
- Develop Liquid/ Gas Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry methods and validate them as per global regulations. The target fields under scope are food safety, Environmental, pharma, and Industry related etc.
- Produce and publish Application Notes/, Research Articles in reputed scientific Journals to support of local and global LC/GC/ Mass Spectrometry business.
- Coordinate with different team members and make sure smooth lab operation for application & software development.
- Participate seminars and conferences by making oral and poster presentation to support our marketing events.
- Manager lab related logistics like chemical/ consumable, instrument calibration, maintaining & reporting out activities done by team to IEC leadership.
Master’s degree or appearing in final year/ semester of Master of Analytical Chemistry / Life sciences. Candidates from Research backgrounds can also be considered.
Technical Knowledge and Skills.
- Knowledge on Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry technologies.
- Excellent Chemistry fundamentals.
- Knowledge of general Lab equipment and Sample Preparation procedures etc.
- Exposure to Lab instruments handling that involves software control etc.
Soft Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English!
- Ability to collaborate with multiple groups and teams, for efficient work environment.
- Ability to plan, complete the assignments in timely manner!
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Highly self-motivated, in learning new things and future technology trends etc.
Latest Thermo Fisher Chemistry Intern Job