Chemistry Modelling Scientist Recruitment at Johnson Matthey, Apply Online Now!
Johnson Matthey is currently seeking a Chemistry Modelling Scientist to join their team in Manesar, IN. As a global leader in sustainable technologies, Johnson Matthey is committed to providing customer-focused solutions for clean air applications. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development and maintenance of computational models in support of various technical programs.
Location: Manesar, IN
Employment Type: Full time
Posted: Posted Yesterday
Job Requisition ID: R-008236
This position entails responsibility for computational modelling support of various Clean Air customer-focused technical programs.
- Perform computational efforts to support global Clean Air customers in HD diesel, LD diesel and gasoline applications as well as alternative fuel applications
- Develop, validate, apply, and maintain computational models
- Support customers in the utilization of these models
- Interact closely with Clean Air customers and JM Technical Program Managers to identify customer and internal modelling needs
- Communicate computational modelling results internally and to customers
- Support the implementation of Key Customer modelling strategies
- Coordinate and align model development efforts with modelling teams at different locations
- Shared decision-making authority in developing models and determining model parameters
- Sole authority in running simulations and making recommendations
- Sole authority in sponsoring data collection programs for generating models
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate models and modelling support
Education: MS (required)/PhD (preferred) Degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Materials engineering or Chemistry
Experience: 1+ years of experience in exhaust aftertreatment related fields with specialization in computer modelling, preferably of diesel exhaust aftertreatment devices; or PhD in one of the above fields with focus in computational modelling
Skills: MATLAB/Simulink experience, working knowledge of commercially available after-treatment software like AVL Boost, CFD, and reacting flow packages, good working knowledge of catalyst design and/or application, skillful in the use of computer packages to analyze data and prepare presentation materials for customers
Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills
Keywords: Chemistry Modelling Scientist, Recruitment, Johnson Matthey, Manesar, Clean Air, Computational Modelling, Diesel Exhaust Aftertreatment Devices, Catalyst Design, MATLAB, Simulink, AVL Boost, CFD, Reacting Flow Packages