Chemistry Project Intern Recruitment at IISER Kolkata
Applications are invited for one Project Intern at IISER Kolkata for Soil Analysis of samples collected from forests of Madhya Pradesh.
About the Company:
IISER Kolkata is inviting applications for a Project Intern position for a project on ‘Monitoring Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services for Ecosystem Enhancement under the Green India Mission’, funded by the Government of Madhya Pradesh. The intern will be responsible for carrying out soil analysis on samples collected from 11 Forest Divisions of Madhya Pradesh. The position is based at IISER Kolkata.
- Title: Monitoring Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services for Ecosystem Enhancement under the Green India Mission: Phase 2
- Number of positions available: 1
- Funding Agency: Madhya Pradesh State Biodiversity Board, Bhopal
- Project PI: Dr Robert John Chandran, Associate Professor, Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry/ Forestry/ Environmental Sciences/ Ecology with knowledge and orientation in soil analysis
- Minimum six months of research experience (including MSc/BSc dissertation) in soil nutrient analysis and estimation of other soil properties (highly desirable)
- Hands-on experience in working with a CHN analyser or similar equipment
Duration and Salary:
The employment will be for a period of 10 months. The selected candidate will be paid Rs. 15,000 monthly (consolidated).
Not more than 28 years on the last date of application. The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to scheduled casts/tribes/OBC, women, and physically handicapped candidates.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send by email a detailed CV, which includes a clear statement of suitability for the position, along with scanned mark sheets, certificates, and proof of work experience to the email address [email protected]. Include the subject line “Project Intern (Soil)”.
Last Date and Time for Receiving Applications: 5th November 2023, 11:59 pm
Shortlisted candidates will first be called for an online interaction with the project proponents for initial screening. Further shortlisted candidates will be scheduled for a formal interview. The interview will be conducted online or on-site at IISER Kolkata campus, depending on the candidate’s preference. No TA/DA will be provided for the interview.
Terms and Conditions:
- The project is ongoing, and the selected candidate is expected to join immediately after selection.
- All posts are purely temporary and contractual in nature.
- The number of candidates to be shortlisted will be decided based on the applications received. Mere fulfillment of the eligibility criteria does not guarantee a call for an interview.
- The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the said project of the funding agency.
Link to original notification to apply: https://www.iiserkol.ac.in/media/filer_public/a6/2d/a62dcacc-1245-4dcf-870e-deca839d2460/adv_pi_robertjohn_oct_23.pdf
Keywords: Chemistry Project Intern, Recruitment, IISER Kolkata, Soil Analysis, Madhya Pradesh, Biodiversity, Ecosystem Services, Green India Mission. Chemistry Project Intern Recruitment at IISER Kolkata. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.