Chemistry & Chemical Tech Scientist Job Opening at Diversey – Apply Now!
Associate Scientist, R&D
- The individual in this role will design & develop new product / innovations.
- He will be responsible for generating idea, developing product, getting customer approval.
- The individual in this position demonstrates understanding of the basic principles and applications in their area of expertise.
- Individual must apply and interpret standard scientific theories, concepts and techniques.
- Provides creative solutions to project management problems through understanding of new and emerging techniques inside and outside the company.
- Can determine own approach to problems and devise solutions within scope of own ability.
- Plans and performs laboratory assignments, customer trials, tests and assembles experimental apparatus, and operates various machines and testing equipment in evaluation of products.
- Regularly communicates progress of, and requirements to complete assigned work with manager and project teams. Leads assigned project tasks.
Key Result Areas:
- Independently manage product Innovation and process.
- Lead innovation programs for respective portfolio.
- Support in developing/improving global best practices and implement them proactively in laboratory.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects within agreed time and budget.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and focus on critical project parameters that determine success or failure.
- Compliance of laboratory with Sealed Air safety regulations.
- Manage technical database.
- Run Stage Gate process of Innovations and project management tools.
- Responsible for all key points of new product introduction such as Development, planning, Design of experiments, Validations etc.
- Make R&D improvement for the new products to meet the customer requirement.
- Conducts independent research and investigations to design and develop a product or process.
- Document product design and performance specifications.
- Develop project plans and schedules for timely completion of projects.
- Feasibility study of diversifying product range and explore new business opportunities.
- Technical assessment & feasibility, RACI as well as Risk analysis of Innovation projects.
- Develops test procedures and policies for evaluating raw materials, work in process and finished products.
- Interact & communicate with Global R&D team and work closely with them.
- Generate ideas/concepts & check its feasibility.
Functional Knowledge / Skills:
Wide technical and business knowledge of the industry, must be self-motivated, creative with a high-level of energy, customer focus, result oriented. Presentation skills, drive for results, process management, decision making, planning & estimating, monitoring & controlling. Chemical know-how, formulation knowledge of specialty/FMCG chemicals, project management skills, R&D tools and techniques, Stage gate process, Six Sigma, cost analysis, good conceptual & problem solving skills essential, cleaning in place.
Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, result oriented, ability to lead and drive execution of scientific projects with clear accountability, knowledge of analytical chemistry and cleaning formulation.
External: Customers, Testing labs, Institutes
Internal: Marketing, Business heads and Supply chain, Other R&D groups.
Essential: B.E or B.Tech / M. Tech. / Ph.D
Desirable: Microbiology, Chemical Technology, Chemistry, Food Technology or Equivalent Six Sigma: Black Belt or Green Belt / Stage gate process / Project Management preferred
Essential: 2-6 yrs of experience in chemical, detergent, surfactant / FMCG, specialty Industry, Dairy, Brewery, Beverage, Food Industry
Desirable: Candidate experienced in handling Global R&D project are preferred
Link to original notification to apply:
Keywords: Chemistry, Chemical Tech Scientist, Associate Scientist, R&D, India, Mumbai, Full time, Innovation, Product Development, Project Management, Laboratory, Research, Communication, Analytical Chemistry, Cleaning Formulation