Transformer Oil Testing (Chemist)
Company: SGS · Gurugram, Haryana, India
About the Job
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Brief Job Description:
Operations, planning & implementation using different tools/checks at different places e.g. benchmarking, Sample status for the day in terms of registration, typing, revenue, delays, and reasons.
Meet Customer Requirements
- Meet internal as well as external customers related to Transformer Oil Condition Monitoring requirements.
- Independently handle the Transformer Oil Testing Laboratory.
Revenue Targets and Quality Management
- Planning to achieve revenue targets while managing the competence, integrity, and quality of work.
- Periodic review of lab outstanding with the collection team and finding measures for easy retrieval.
Manpower, Client Satisfaction, and Expenses
- Prediction of manpower/capex for the year to ensure smooth functioning of the Lab during peak times.
- Meet Turn Around Time defined by the client/contracts and improve client satisfaction.
- Track monthly expenses of the lab and prepare profit and loss statements.
Marketing Strategy and Customer Service
- Prepare/update marketing strategy and ensure implementation keeping in consideration various factors.
- Regular visits/cold calls with existing customers to ensure timely service.
Performance Evaluation and Key Accounts
- Formalize and implement a system to evaluate performance at different stages of operations.
- Verify test reports and certificates before signing.
- Oversee and develop key accounts and coordinate with international key accounts.
Testing Knowledge and Skill Development
- Testing knowledge of Transformer Oil Parameters as per standards.
- Able to carry out the Recommendation for Dissolved Gas Analysis.
- Define training needs and arrange training for chemists, technicians, and executives.
- Develop existing services and explore new avenues for new services.
Compliance and Quality Assurance
- Periodic Meetings / Quality circles with staff – Sales, Quality, Operations.
- Follow 5S and WCS practices in the laboratory.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory laws pertaining to health, safety, and environment protection.
Essential: BE/ B.Tech/Msc/Bsc
Desirable: First Grade
Keywords: Transformer Oil Testing, Chemist, SGS, Gurugram, Haryana, India, Job Posting