Date: Oct 9, 2023
Location: Thane, IN
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
Purpose/Key Objectives of the Job
- Implementation of new products of Professional & specialist segment in all category meeting customer requirements.
- Providing full support to marketing / project sales on technical / warranty requirements.
- Drive the alignment with regional professional / Specialist portfolio for India & cluster
- Adapt and implementation the slurry formulation for all professional product in plants.
- Adherence to key protocol & process in R&D.
- Provide support to deliver HSE&S and Sustainability responsibility for technical function.
- Provide support to achieve growth through innovation/ renovation in select range of professional/specialist portfolio.
- Drive product implementation in plants aligning with regional process
- Develop key understanding of fast-changing market practices, application tools, systems of exterior & Interior products to sustain competitive advantage.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of performance of various exterior & Interior products from local as well as international major competitors.
- Compliant to project plan.
- Delivery innovation & renovation plan related to professional & specialist category.
- Implementation of the formulation with both slurry as well as co grind route.
- Drive quality management process to establish quality leadership for professional/specialist category
Level of Autonomy
- Management of lab testing and data representation for projects; Planning of individuals’ work schedule based on stipulated timelines.
- Interaction with marketing on innovation pipelines.
- Interaction with manufacturing on the product scale-up.
- SAP Product formula management.
- Time-bound innovation to deliver differentiated product is the key challenge
- Sustain competitive Edge against market leaders like Asian paints.
- Managing technical expectation of key customer (internal & external)
- Adaptability to continuously changing market requirement.
- Knowledge on construction materials and process.
- Qualifications: B Tech or M Tech (Chemical technology / polymer / surface coating technology) / M Sc (Chemistry) from Institute of repute
- Business and Functional Skills / Knowledge Essential: Innovative in work approach, Hands-on work approach and commitment, Knowledge on exterior product performance and correlation with lab test parameters, Very good analytical ability, Conversant with Paint testing and Test Methods, Good knowledge on Chemistry / Polymer Chemistry / Paint formulation, Sensitive to HSE&S / sustainability System orientation and conversant with work planning process
- Desirable: Team working, Team management, Workable knowledge on statistical design of experiment Experience, Min 5-8 yrs. in organization of repute.
- Field of Experience: Coatings preferably in water-based paints, Construction Chemicals, latex etc.
- Age: Incumbent should be around 25-30 years Old.
Link to apply: Apply here
Keywords: Senior Chemist, Job Posting, AkzoNobel, Thane, IN