Admission PhD Programme Jan-2024 at IISER Berhampur
- Online application start date: October 05, 2023
- Last Date for receipt of Applications – October 27, 2023 (last date)
- Results of initial screening: First week of November 2023 (tentatively)
- Test/interview: Third or Fourth week of November 2023 (tentatively)
Link for Click Here to apply for PhD Program
Admission to Ph.D. Programme – January 2024
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Berhampur invites applications from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph.D. programme starting from January 2024. Currently, IISER Berhampur offers Ph.D. programme in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences disciplines. Students with a Master’s degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, EES, Mathematics, and Physics OR in any relevant interdisciplinary area closely related to the mainstream are encouraged to apply for Ph.D. programme.
Ph.D. students must successfully complete course work, qualifying examination, seminars, and a dissertation. Besides the mandatory requirements, students are encouraged to participate in several professional activities such as workshops, review meetings and conferences. All doctoral students are also expected to participate in the undergraduate teaching programme of the Institute as a part of their training.
Please note that the precise eligibility criteriafor January 2024 admissions may vary from department to department. A glimpse of the research areas open for admission and admission criteria are provided on the admission webpage and further information about individual faculty profiles and areas of research can be obtained from the IISER Berhampur website. Prospective students satisfying the eligibility criteria are encouraged to acquaint themselves with the research areas of our faculty members for a suitable match of interest.
- All communication with candidates will be done by e-mail only.
- Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree programme are eligible to apply for Ph.D. programme. However, if selected, admission to the Ph.D. programme would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before December 2023.
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Date of interview will be communicated to shortlisted candidates by e-mail and the same will be available on the Institute website. TA will be paid to SC/ST candidates appearing for the interview as per Govt. of India norms.
- Reservation will be applied according to Govt. of India norms. Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for an interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
- Applicant’s age should not exceed more than 28 years at the time of joining. Age relaxation of 3 years will be given for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and 5 years for SC/ST/PD/Female applicants.
- All selected candidates will be eligible for either Institute fellowship of Rs. 37,000/- per month or fellowship as per the norms of the funding agency, in vogue, subject to satisfactory performance in their course work.
In case of any department specific queries, please contact the respective department heads (E-mail ids given below) with a CC to [email protected]
Biology: [email protected]
Chemistry: [email protected]
Mathematics: [email protected]
Physics: [email protected]
EES: [email protected]
For any application related queries please contact ( [email protected] )
Keywords: Admission, Ph.D. Programme, Jan-2024, IISER Berhampur, Online application start date, Last Date for receipt of Applications, Results of initial screening, Test/interview, Apply for PhD Program, Eligibility criteria, Department-specific queries, Contact information. Admission PhD Programme Jan-2024 at IISER Berhampur. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.