Chemical Engineering Senior Executive at Merck
Sr. Executive – Production (Automated Plant)
Posted 28 Sep 2023
Bangalore, Karnataka – India
Req Id 267219
Work Your Magic with Us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That’s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimageable with us.
Job Title: Senior Executive- Production (Automated Plant)
Job Location: Jigani, Bangalore
- Responsible for manufacturing or evaluating products according to established protocols, providing technical support to others, and performing operations in support of the group and department.
- This position is to support the shift wise operation with 6 days of working.
- Perform multi-disciplined, established processes, assays and/or unit operations, primarily those requiring a higher level of skill and knowledge.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations throughout the process.
- Ensure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
- Clean up equipment and working areas during and after operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of a supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed, including participation in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedures independently.
- Identify problems and limitations of analysis.
- Perform routine troubleshooting.
- Review of final assays and procedures.
- Interface with external customers.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Develop improvement ideas, review impact of changes, and document all work.
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed.
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Taking lead in CAPA and RCA for the incidents.
- May wear appropriate protective gear, such as respirators and chemical protective clothing, for long periods of time while performing daily tasks.
- May involve occasional lifting of drums, movement of gas cylinders, fixing the gas cylinders, and pushing activity.
- Bachelor’s degree Chemical Engineering.
- 4+ years of independent industrial experience, preferable in gas production and cylinder filling industry.
- Experience in handling the SCADA operations.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Experience in handling shift activities.
- Good knowledge on handling the hazardous gaseous.
- Laboratory and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards.
- Familiarity with laboratory instruments and production equipment.
- Proficiency with analytical techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.