Unilever Chemistry R&D Job – Chem Engg Can Also Apply
Assistant R&D Manager
Job ID: R-73618
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Date posted: 09/25/2023
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!
We are looking to hire a Assistant R&D Manager in our Homecare BG team based in Unilever R&D Bangalore.
Background and Scope
Unilever is market leader in Cleaning and Hygiene Products has been growing wellover several years. Homecare Innovation team is responsible for global design for Domestos, Cif and Living Hygiene brands, one of the fastest growing categories in Unilever and is at the heart of USLP. The team’s responsibilities span new product development, improving value equation of current products and managing specifications for product manufacture/quality. The team is also responsible for driving programs to meet Unilever’s ambitious Clean Future Agenda.
The current job description is for a Senior Research Executive/ Asst R&D Manager Position reporting into a Technology Innovation Manager, Homecare Innovation, Bangalore. The candidate will work in Surface cleaner’s team within Homecare Innovation team based out of Bangalore. The responsibility of the position is to develop technologies and insights for formulations that deliver holistic superior performance with reduced environmental impact. The key challenges to be addressed will be:
- Understand consumer pain points, develop technologies that deliver superior performance with minimal environmental impact.
- Work with science and technology teams and external partners to identify relevant technologies.
- Help to build a strong technology pipeline.
- Work with project leaders to transform technologies into market making innovations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Candidate is expected to work in the laboratory to carry out “on the bench” experiments & demonstrate technical performance.
- He/She will work with other team members to develop/adapt new technologies that delivers superior cleaning experience to consumers across different surfaces such as Kitchen, toilet, floors etc.
- Work with product appraisal and CTI teams to build market winning claims
- He/She will interact with cross functional team members (SEAC, Regulatory, Patents, Processing, Regional R&D, Brand, S&T teams).
- He/She will work with other team members to build capability in the identified areas.
- Candidate is expected to use appropriate literature / patent / competition / supplier searches related to the projects.
- He/She will leverage digital tools to minimize experiments, maximize output & speed up program delivery.
Skills and experience
We are seeking an individual who embodies the right attitude and possesses exceptional competencies. Preference will be given to candidates with 4-6 years of experience in technology and product development.
Education: We require candidates with a B.E. or B. Tech in Chemical Engineering or an M.Sc. in Chemistry degree, having excelled with a First Class standing in all subjects
Background and experience: A solid foundation in chemical engineering and/or chemistry is essential. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must, along with a working knowledge of digital tools such as PLM, PHAROS, ELN, and LIMS
Technical and analytical skills: A comprehensive understanding of surfactant science, formulation, and processing is pivotal. A proven track record of independently managing project activities is highly desirable, and a strong expertise in surface and interfacial science would be a notable advantage.
Soft Skills: We expect our ideal candidate to be a team player, adept at multitasking, possessing excellent communication and writing skills, and demonstrating creativity. They should also have the ability to analyze data and draw logical conclusions, documenting their findings in the form of reports and presenting their work effectively to stakeholders.
- Personal Mastery
- Passion for high performance
Keywords: Assistant R&D Manager, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Unilever, Bengaluru, Karnataka, Research and Development. Unilever Chemistry R&D Job – Chem Engg Can Also Apply. Unilever Chemistry R&D Job. Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.