Chemistry & Chem Engg Lab Tech at Western Digital
Lab technician / Junior Validation engineer
Business Function: Hardware Development Engineering
Work Location: Bangalore Hallmark Office (IBS)–LOC_WDT_IBS
About Western Digital
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
JD for Lab Technician/Junior Validation Engineer
- Should be able to solder fine pitch components like 0201, 0402 & IC’s like QFP, TSSOP etc.
- Should be able to Interpret Schematic Diagrams
- Experience in Setting up Lab Experiment Set Ups.
- Experience in Board Reworks & Support in Board Bring Up.
- Experience in Inventory Maintenance.
- Experience in Lab Set Up.
- Experience in Computer/Server Assembly & OS Installation and configuration.
- Excellent communication skills required
- Support in day-to-day lab activities.
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of lab experience Required.
- Atleast 2 years in lab management and managing lab resources
- Should have a basic understanding of the electronic components
- Should be decent in communication
- Should be an expert in soldering /de-soldering of fine pitch components and be an expert in soldering tools usage
- Basic understanding of electronic test equipment like oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, and any special equipment would be an added advantage.
- Should be good in using MS excel, word, PowerPoint etc.
- Should be able to order components through different vendors
- Having an understanding of the STPI (Software technology park) bonding/debonding is an added advantage
- knowledge on the Lab compliance (ESD, ISO) is preferred but not mandatory
- Understanding servers, server installation is preferred but not mandatory
- Equipment calibration knowledge is the preferred skill
- Vendor interaction is required
- Working & coordination with third party assembly houses is required
- Basic Validation of the circuits and the product
- Understanding of the electronics
Diploma, ITI, Bachelor’s degree chemistry, chemical engineering and other related courses.
Link to Original Notification to apply: Apply Here