IMERYS Lab Job for BSC/MSC Chemistry
Imerys Lab Job for BSC/MSC Chemistry. It is a French multinational company that specializes in the production and processing of industrial minerals. Interested candidates check out the details below and Apply Online
Job title: Lab Supervisor
Job Location: Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Job id: REQ – 07453
Job Type: Full Time
Samples (Inhouse, line & raw materials) Analysis and check lab clean, equipment safety and personal safety. On time results & satisfy internal customers within the framework of environmental, health and safety and QA procedures, the Laboratory supervisor will be responsible for a wide range of activities including the day to day monitoring of the process plant, efficiency improvements, helping production trials and future development work.
Attending trainings of quality & safety, weekly safety dialogues
Identifying work hazard & apply control measures, using PPE and implementing RAM’s
- Satisfy internal customer(production team)
- Equipment safety and cleaning, safe work environment
- As per specification follow quality control plan
- Handling chemicals based on MSDS, assisting during the training of products
- Assists the development of manufacturing activities, through all type of laboratory work, conducting well defined process studies and participating in the administration of the laboratory works as one of a small team of technicians.
- Quality control duties including the collection of samples, testing and recording resulting QC database and keeping work area and equipment clean and in good order
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
List also the main Key Performance Indicators on which the incumbent on which be evaluated
- Health and Safety
- Maintains high level of health and safety within laboratory area
- Takes part and encourage the use of Behavioural Safety Audits in the Workplace
- Respect all site safety rules including those applicable for the safe engagement of laboratory contractors
- Comply with the requirements of all relevant legislation, including those applicable to chemical safety
- The holder may be required to be a qualified First Aider and must ensure compliance with all relevant acts and regulations as required
- Reviewing risk assessments
- Assures test method integrity through equipment and method control
- Manages application of EN 14647, ISO 9001:2008 and other applicable standards within the laboratory
- Ensure regular exchange between customer services and packaging on finished product quality and production on in-process quality
- Receive and process UK quality customer complaints, following the complaints handling procedure
- Quality Control duties including the collection of samples, testing and recording results in QC database and keeping work area and equipment clean and in good order. Quality Assurance of material for dispatch
- Development of section duties including light machine maintenance/fault finding/program analysis (on-line robotic sampling, X-Ray, and laser).
- Assists the development of manufacturing activities through all types of laboratory work; conducting well defined process studies and participating in the administration of the laboratory. Works as one of a small team of technicians
- Assisting during the trailing of products
Complies with Company Policy and participate in audits and reviews as required by the Environmental Policy and Systems.
TECHNICAL PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
- Knowledge of product and tests
- PC and IT tools: Sample Manager, Business Objects, JDE, MS, Lotus Notes
- Following QC trends: interpret bi-monthly trends and take corrective action where appropriate
- Equipment troubleshooting of laboratory, analytical and auto-sampling equipment
- Knowledge on XRF, XRF
Education and Experience requirements
- BSC/MSC – Chemistry
- 4 to 7 years’ experience on laboratory (Preferably Cement Industries)
IMERYS Lab Job for BSC/MSC Chemistry. Here are Possible interview questions and answers :
1. Question: How would you ensure a safe and compliant working environment in the laboratory?
Answer: As a Lab Supervisor, my top priority is maintaining a high level of health and safety within the laboratory area. I would enforce the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and ensure the proper implementation of Risk Assessment Measures (RAMs). Additionally, I would conduct regular Behavioral Safety Audits to promote a safety-conscious culture among the team and comply with all relevant legislation, including chemical safety regulations.
2. Question: How do you handle quality control and assurance to ensure the accuracy of test results and adherence to standards?
Answer: I am well-versed in applying EN 14647, ISO 9001:2008, and other relevant standards within the laboratory. To assure test method integrity, I prioritize equipment and method control. I also foster communication between customer services and packaging to ensure finished product quality and collaborate with production on in-process quality. Furthermore, I am experienced in managing customer complaints and follow the complaints handling procedure diligently.
3. Question: Can you describe your experience in conducting process studies and supporting manufacturing activities?
Answer: Over the course of my career, I have played an integral role in developing manufacturing activities through various laboratory works. I conduct well-defined process studies and contribute to the administration of laboratory tasks as part of a small team of technicians. I also engage in light machine maintenance, fault finding, and program analysis for on-line robotic sampling, X-Ray, and laser equipment.
4. Question: How would you ensure effective communication and collaboration between different departments, such as production and customer services?
Answer: Effective communication is key to the success of any operation. I would establish regular exchange sessions between customer services and packaging teams on finished product quality and with production teams on in-process quality. These interactions would facilitate the smooth flow of information and ensure that any issues are promptly addressed. Additionally, I would actively participate in team meetings and encourage open dialogue between departments.
5. Question: Describe your experience in working with XRF (X-Ray Fluorescence) equipment and its significance in the laboratory setting.
Answer: I have a solid understanding of XRF equipment and its importance in material analysis. XRF is a valuable tool in determining elemental composition and identifying material properties. In the laboratory, XRF is utilized for quality control of raw materials and finished products, aiding in the compliance with product specifications and standards. I have experience troubleshooting and maintaining XRF equipment to ensure accurate and reliable test results.
Subscribe Rasayanika for more Chemistry and Pharma job updates.