MSc. in Analytical Chemistry / Organic Chemistry vacancy at USP as Scientist I. Please go through the details and apply online. MSc Analytical/Organic Chemistry job as Scientist for Analytical Chemistry / Organic Chemistry candidates.
Job role – Scientist I, ARD – NMR
Location – Hyderabad, India
Brief Job Overview –
This is a non-supervisory position in USP-India’s Analytical Research & Development Laboratory. In this role, the Scientist – I is responsible for providing NMR support for the characterization or identification of samples received from various laboratories of USP India such as ARD, Synthetic chemistry, RSL, Verification, CDL and Biologics. The Scientist I performs a variety of non-routine and routine NMR tests, including evaluation of reference standards, evaluation of packaging materials and stability studies, and general research in NMR Lab.
- Responsible for operating, and maintenance of 500 MHz NMR instrument, recording and interpretation of NMR spectra for samples submitted by the Synthetic Organic Chemistry Lab, Reference Standards Lab, Biologics & Biotechnology Lab, and other sources as per ISO 17025.
- Support to synthetic R&D projects from start to completion as per ISO 9001
- Assist and maintain the safety aspects in the laboratory
- Performs other related duties as per requirement
- Prepare for ISO-9001 & ISO-17025 audits and related activities
- Ensure that the calibrations of the equipment are performed as per the schedule.
- Responsible for preparing, executing and completing IQ/OQ/PQ of new instruments.
- Ensure the lab requirements like glassware, chemicals and columns for NMR lab.
- Ensure to follow USP Policies and Procedures.
Qualification and Experience –
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of our mission, commitment to excellence through inclusive and equitable behaviors and practices, ability to quickly build credibility with stakeholders, along with the following competencies and experience:
- MSc. in Analytical Chemistry / Organic Chemistry, from a well-recognized University in India or abroad and required not less than 2 years’ experience in handling the NMR spectrometer.
- Extensive NMR knowledge both in running the equipment and interpretation of results and characterization of the compound by spectral techniques (NMR, MASS and IR). Must possess a strong work ethic and a solid record of problem-solving and technical results.
- Experience in small molecule structure elucidation using NMR.
- Must be familiar with electronic notebook documentation of experimental procedures.
- Ability to embrace and lead change. Extremely adaptable. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to function in a team-oriented environment are necessary. Understanding of GMP / ISO-IEC 17025 Guidelines is a requirement
Additional Desired Preferences for MSc Analytical/Organic Chemistry job-
- Experience on biological molecules such as peptides, proteins and vaccines would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of solid state NMR and multinuclear NMR operations is an advantage.
- Proven track record of consistently delivering projects on time and with high quality
- Prior experience in a high volume pharmaceutical ARD laboratory or contract pharmaceutical analytical laboratory testing organization is a plus.
- Takes personal responsibility for delivery of projects to customers.
- Expertise with Bruker NMR software- automation software & hardware including cryo-probes.
- Comprehensive understanding of the science involved in the development of synthetic organic molecules and analytical chemistry. ACD & Chemdraw software’s handling is an added advantage. Proven self-effectiveness skills are must.
Hey there, Attaching some of the interview questions and answers that you can expect in your interview for MSc Analytical/Organic Chemistry job. Prepare well and attend your interview best. Good luck!!!
Question: Can you describe your experience in operating and maintaining NMR instruments, as well as recording and interpreting NMR spectra?
Answer: In my previous role as a Scientist – I, I have had extensive experience in operating and maintaining NMR instruments, specifically a 500 MHz NMR instrument. I have successfully recorded and interpreted NMR spectra for various samples submitted by different laboratories, including the Synthetic Organic Chemistry Lab, Reference Standards Lab, Biologics & Biotechnology Lab, and others. I am well-versed in ISO 17025 requirements and ensure compliance with the necessary standards while performing NMR tests.
Question: How familiar are you with ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 standards, and how have you implemented them in your previous work?
Answer: I have a strong understanding of ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 standards and have successfully implemented them in my previous work. I have actively participated in preparing for ISO audits and related activities, ensuring that the laboratory adheres to the required quality management and calibration procedures. I have also contributed to maintaining electronic notebook documentation of experimental procedures to meet the documentation standards set by ISO guidelines.
Question: Can you provide examples of your experience in small molecule structure elucidation using NMR techniques?
Answer: Throughout my career, I have gained extensive experience in small molecule structure elucidation using NMR techniques. I have successfully characterized and identified compounds through spectral analysis, interpreting NMR, MASS, and IR results. I have a solid record of problem-solving and technical results in this area, and I am confident in my ability to apply NMR knowledge effectively for compound characterization and structure elucidation.
Question: How have you demonstrated your adaptability and ability to embrace change in a laboratory setting?
Answer: Adaptability and embracing change are essential qualities in a laboratory environment, and I have consistently demonstrated these qualities throughout my career. I am highly adaptable to new technologies and methodologies, and I actively seek opportunities for professional growth and development. Additionally, I have embraced changes in laboratory processes and workflows, ensuring smooth transitions and maintaining a high level of productivity and quality in my work.
Question: Have you worked with biological molecules such as peptides, proteins, or vaccines in your previous roles?
Answer: While my primary experience lies in small molecule analysis, I have also gained exposure to biological molecules such as peptides, proteins, and vaccines. Although not an extensive experience, I have a solid understanding of the unique challenges and considerations involved in analyzing and characterizing these biomolecules using NMR techniques. I am eager to further expand my knowledge and expertise in this area and contribute to projects involving biological molecules.