IIT Bombay MSc Chemistry Job – Salary up to Rs 1.42 Lakh
IIT Bombay invites online application from Indian citizens having requisite qualification(s) and experience, against two vacancies of Technical Superintendent post, to be deployed to Dept. of Chemistry, on selection.
Job Title Technical Superintendent
Job Reference Number 50460480
Type of Employment Temporary-On Scale
No. of Position(s) 2
Application Category(s) 2(OBC-1, UR-1)
Eligbility Criteria & Experience:
Applicants with either of the following sets of essential qualification(s) and mandatory experience can apply for two positions of Technical Superintendent post.
M.Sc in Chemistry with one year of experience in Instrumentation and Teaching Laboratories.
Applicant should have hands on experience of operation of NMR and EPR spectrometers and other analytical instruments. Moreover applicant should have the ability to train students in basic operations of NMR & ERP spectrometres and other analytical instruments.
Applicant is expected to upkeep and maintain the equipments and their accessories.
Desirable Experience: Working experience of analytical technique UV, FTIR, etc.
Pay Level 6 (35400-112400)/ Pay Level 7 (44900-142400) as per provisions of Recruitment Rules and Promotion Policy of the Institute. Initial appointment on 3-year contract at Pay Level 6 (35400-112400). Subsequent substantive appointment at Pay Level 7(44900-142400) by placement.
Age limit: 32 years (as on the application closing date) with applicable age relaxations.
1) These are contractual positions of the post as per Recruitment Rules and Promotion Policy of the Institute.
2) Scrutiny/ Screening of applications :
Applications in response to the advertisement will be scrutinized and shortlisted. Merely fulfilling the requirements prescribed in the advertisement does not automatically entitle an applicant to be called for further selection process. It may not be possible and/or convenient to conduct Written Test for all eligible applicants, in which case the Institute can limit the number of applicants to be called for Written Test on the basis of qualifications and/or experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Hence, the applicants should give all relevant details of qualification and experience with supporting documents if any.
3) Selection Process: The selection process comprises of a written test from which a shortlist [certain multiple of number of advertised position(s)] shall be drawn from the list of qualified candidates in order of merit. A skill (trade/ proficiency) test may be additionally conducted which shall be qualifying in nature. Final selection shall be as per the shortlist drawn basis the written test only. To be eligible for recruitment, a candidate is required to obtain 60% marks in the written test as well as the skill test, if applicable.
4) The applicants should ensure at their end that they possess the essential qualification(s) and experience laid down for the post. The qualification degree(s) must be from a recognized University / Institute.
5) Incomplete application shall be summarily rejected.
6) Initially, the position of the post would be on contract for 3 years. The performance of the selected/ appointed staff member shall be assessed before expiry of the contract and only those found suitable will be offered a substantive post after completion of 3 years of service on contract. Appointment of staff members on contract not found suitable shall be terminated on completion of the contract period.
7) Details furnished in the online application will be treated as final and no subsequent changes shall be entertained.
8) Eligibility of an applicant for the post shall be considered as on the date of closing of online application interface.
9) The Institute reserves the right not to fill any of the advertised positions of the post(s).
10) The age limit criterion will be relaxed for applicants working in any department / section / unit / project of the Institute provided they have served the Institute for at least three years (220 days or more per year) and who have crossed the age limit criterion during the above period.
11) Age relaxation is applicable as per Institute norms.
12)The application fee is Rs. 50 (nonrefundable), which has to be paid through online mode. The SC, ST and PwD applicants and all female applicants are exempted from this fee.
13) Applicants should upload copy of certificates in support of their qualification(s) (matriculation onwards), experience, date of birth, caste, etc. Certificate(s) in support of experience should be on the organization’s letterhead, bearing the date of issuance, specific period of work, designation, pay drawn against each such position, etc., duly certified by the concerned issuing authority.
14) Original certificates should be produced at the time of Selection Process as well as on Joining if selected.
15) The appointment of selected applicant is subject to the applicant being found medically fit as per norms of the Institute.
16) Age relaxation for SC / ST / OBC (NCL) category applicants is applicable only if the position(s) of the post is reserved for that particular category. Age relaxation to PwD applicants & Ex-servicemen is as per rules.
17) Applicants seeking reservation benefits available to OBC (NCL)/ PwD/ EWS category must attach relevant certificates in the format as prescribed by the Central Government to support their claim. Applicants seeking reservation benefits available to OBC (NCL) category are required to attach a declaration, in addition to certificate in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority enclosed at Annexure I.
18) Decision of the Institute in all matters relating to the eligibility of the applicants, Screening / Skill / Written Test and Selection shall be final and binding on all the applicants.
19) No correspondence or personal inquiries shall be entertained.
20) No correspondence shall be entertained from applicants regarding conduct and result of Written test/ Skill test and reasons thereof, for not being called.
21) Applicants serving in Central / State / Semi-Government Organization / Autonomous Body/ Public Sector Unit / etc., must apply through proper channel and such applicants will be required to produce relieving letter at the time of joining, if selected, failing which they shall not be permitted to join the post.
22) In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may get detected at any stage, even after the issuance of appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify / withdraw / cancel any communication made to the candidate.
23) In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Institute shall be final.
24) The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by an applicant at any point of time, either at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the applicant are fake or the applicant has a clandestine antecedent(s)/background which the applicant had suppressed at the time of joining, then the applicant’s services are liable to be terminated and legal action may be initiated against such an applicant/employee.
25) No traveling allowance (TA) shall be paid to the outstation applicants for attending the written test. However, SC/ST applicants attending the written test shall be paid to & fro second class railway fare, by shortest route, subject to production of tickets and caste certificate. SC/ST applicants already in Central/State Government organization, Autonomous Body, Public Sector Units, etc., are not admissible for the same. Payment will be made through bank transfer after processing of the claims.
26) Canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification.
27) No interim correspondence will be entertained.
28) For any queries related to submission of online application, the applicant may send e-mails on [email protected] However, inquiries / queries related to eligibility for the post or for interpretation of the rules will not be entertained.
29) Applicants should provide their correct and active e-mail address in the application as all future correspondences like issuance of call letter or any other information will be communicated through e-mail only. Moreover, applicants are advised to remain updated regarding the Selection Process, date and venue etc. by visiting IIT Bombay website
Addendum / corrigendum, if any, in respect of this advertisement, shall be notified through the Institute’s website.
30) Applicants possessing the requisite qualification(s) and relevant experience may apply online at https://www.iitb.ac.in/en/careers/staff-recruitment
31) Soft copy of application sent over e-mail to any Institute Officials will not be considered for selection process. Hard copy of online application is not required to be sent by post.
32) Those applicants, who have to pay fees online, are automatically redirected to the application portal after payment to submit and complete application process. After completing the whole process, they should again login into the portal to confirm that his/her application is submitted. It should be noted that any issue, related to the above process, reported beyond 7 days from the closing date will not be entertained, and candidature will not be considered.
33) Correspondence subsequent to submission of application should essentially be sent to
[email protected] with appliction ID, Job title and Job Ref. No. mentioned in the subject.
34) Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Mumbai only.
1. Head/In-charge of all the Deptts./Sections/Centres.
2. All Notice Boards/Staff Notices
Application End Date 29.06.2023
IIT Bombay MSc job, IIT Bombay MSc, IIT Bombay MSc vacancy, IIT Bombay MSc, IIT Bombay MSc, IIT Bombay MSc Chemistry Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more