RCB PhD Admissions 2023-24 Monsoon Session Announced
RCB is committed to explore new frontiers, furthering science and connecting contemporary
and emergent areas of Biotechnology through cutting-edge research. The Centre is
equipped with the state-of-the-art research laboratories at par with the global standards
The Doctoral Degree Programme
- The Centre offers a doctoral programme leading to the award of the PhD degree to students holding a post-graduate degree (or an equivalent) in any field of science, medicine, or technology. The selected students undergo a course work followed by research leading to a doctoral thesis under the mentorship of a faculty.
- The programme is suited to candidates having interest to work at the interface of multiple disciplines in the areas related (but not limited) to structural biology, molecular medicine, infectious disease biology, agricultural biotechnology, systems and synthetic biology, cancer & cell biology. The details of various research programmes at RCB can be found on our website (www.rcb.res.in).
i. Qualifications: MSc/MTech in any branch of Life Sciences/Chemistry/Physics/
MPharma/MVSc/MBBS or an equivalent degree.
ii. Qualifying Marks: 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in the qualifying
degree examination (5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/differently-abled allowed as
per the GoI norms).
iii. No of seats: Twenty (20)
iv. Reservation of seats: As per the GoI guidelines.
v. In addition to the above, candidates should have qualified any of the following
examinations and hold a valid fellowship offer at the time of interview:
• Joint CSIR-UGC test for Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR/UGC JRF)
• Innovation in science Pursuit for Inspired Research (DST-INSPIRE)
• DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF)
• ICMR Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF)
• Any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government of India
having a valid fellowship for a period of 5 years
The application shall be submitted as per link given below. Subsequently, application fee of
Rs.500/-, if applicable is to be submitted by the applicant before the due date.
SC/ST/PwD/EWS candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. The
applications received before the due date will be scrutinized for eligibility. Eligible candidates will be called for a written test and/or interview on 27 th & 28 th July, 2023 at RCB, Faridabad.
Providing false/ incorrect information in the application form or non-possession of essential
qualifications detected at any stage of the selection process will lead to disqualification of the candidate. The decision of the Competent Authority at RCB shall be final and binding in this regard.
The students admitted to the programme will have to avail the fellowship for which they have qualified as per the rules of the funding agency. RCB will have no financial liability regarding the same.
The student admitted to the PhD programme will have to pay the following fees:
Laboratory Fees Rs. 6000 per semester
Tuition Fees (1st & 2nd Semester Only) Rs. 6000 per semester
Academic Administration Fees Rs. 5000 per semester
Medical Fees Rs. 3000 per semester
Student Amenities Fees Rs. 1000 per semester
Caution Money Rs. 5000 (once, at the time of admission, refundable)
Thesis Examination Fees Rs. 10000 (at the time of submission of thesis)
Hostel security and charges will be applicable in case availing hostel facility.
Online Form for PhD Admissions
Application Fee Rs.500/- (to be submitted in continuation with the online form)
The last date of submitting the online application is June 07, 2023
For any queries, please write to [email protected]
Download Application Form
RCB PhD Admissions 2023-24 Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more