Junior Research Scientist Vacancy @ THSTI – Salary Rs. 85,000/-
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. This recruitment is to fill up the Junior research scientist vacancy of THSTI under the following projects
Project Title: Translational Research Program (PI: Prof. Pramod Kumar Garg)
Job Title: Junior Research Scientist
No.of posts: One
Salary: Rs. 85,000/-
Age: 35 years
Eligbility Criteria: PhD in Chemical Sciences or Pharmacology or
equivalent from a recognized University.
The candidate is expected to work on metabolic disease models in drug
team to support ongoing discovery efforts. Experience in vivo pharmacology i.e. metabolic disease models, oral gavage, blood draw and tissue extraction is must. Candidate
should have past experience in biochemical investigations in blood; tissue histology; molecular biology techniques. Should have good writing and presentation skills. Candidates
having prior experience working in drug discovery projects shall be preferred.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates fulfilling the criteria as mentioned above may walk-in for written
test/skill test/interview on 19th May 2023 at 9:00 am at THSTI, NCR Biotech Science
NOTE: The candidates must bring their latest resume, one set of photocopy of
documents in support of their educational qualification and experience along with
originals and a valid ID card for verification. Candidates coming after the time slot
mentioned will not be entertained.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
a) These are short-term positions and extension will be granted subject to satisfactory
performance of the incumbents and tenure of the project for which they are selected. Those appointed to these positions will not have any claim for regularization of their employment.
b) All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized
c) The experience requirement specified above shall be the experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications specified for the post.
d) The age limit, qualification, experience and other requirements may be relaxed at the
discretion of the competent authority, in case of candidates who are otherwise suitable. In
case candidates are not found suitable for the posts notified, they can be offered lower post
/ lower emoluments on the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
e) Age and other relaxations for direct recruits and departmental candidates: 1. By five years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities. 2. By three years for candidates belonging to OBC communities. 3. For Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) falling under the following categories : (i) UR – ten years, ii) OBC – 13 years (iii) SC/ST – 15 4. Age is relaxable for Central Government servants up to five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, from time-to-time. 5. There is no upper age limit for the Institute employees who are treated as departmental candidates.
f) Number of positions may vary depending upon the requirement at the time of interview.
g) All results/ notifications will be published on our website. Therefore, the candidates should visit THSTI website regularly.
h) All communications will only be made through email.
i) Canvassing wrong information in any form will be a disqualification.
Important Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- What inspired you to apply for the Junior Research Scientist position in THSTI? Answer: As a PhD holder in Chemical Sciences, I am very interested in drug discovery projects and metabolic disease models. The opportunity to work with a renowned professor and contribute to ongoing discovery efforts was very appealing to me.
- Can you describe your experience with in vivo pharmacology and metabolic disease models? Answer: Yes, I have prior experience with in vivo pharmacology including oral gavage, blood draw, and tissue extraction. I have worked with metabolic disease models in animal studies, specifically in the area of diabetes and obesity.
- How do you approach your work in biochemical investigations in blood and tissue histology? Answer: I use a rigorous approach to biochemical investigations, ensuring the accuracy and reliability of my results. I am experienced in using techniques such as ELISA, Western blotting, and PCR. I am also skilled in tissue histology, using techniques such as immunohistochemistry and H&E staining to assess tissue samples.
- Can you give an example of a challenging situation you faced during a previous project, and how you overcame it? Answer: During my PhD studies, I encountered an unexpected result in my experiments which threatened to derail the project. I consulted with my supervisor and colleagues, and we brainstormed potential explanations and solutions. Through collaboration and persistence, we were able to identify the root cause and modify our methods to achieve the desired results.
- How do you approach scientific writing and presenting your work? Answer: I am committed to clear and concise scientific writing, with a focus on accuracy and relevance. I am experienced in preparing manuscripts, reports, and presentations for scientific conferences. I take care to tailor my presentation to the intended audience and to emphasize the significance of my findings.
Junior Research Scientist Vacancy Looking for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow Rasayanika Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more