BSc Chemistry/Chemical Engineering Job @ Reliance – Apply Now
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Reliance announces job opening for chemistry candidates. BSc Chemistry job opening 2023, Engineer Safety – OM&SH job opening 2023, Bsc chemistry job opening 2023, Chemistry vacancy. Intrested and eligible candidates may check out all the details on our website Rasayanika.com.
Job Title: Engineer Safety – OM&SH [80761401
Function/Business Area: Manufacturing
Bachelors in Engineering/Science – Chemical/Chemistry
Masters or Doctorate in Engineering/Science
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent
Industry Recognized/Accepted Expert in HSE
Experience Requirement :
5 to 10 years of Process Industry Site Operations or Maintenance Experience
2-3 years of handling HSE
3-5 years of implementation of HSE Assurance model
Skills & Competencies :
- Technical understanding of operations
- Ability to coach
- Influencing skills
- Technical, Facilitation
- Interpersonal skills and political understanding
- Strategic understanding
Job Responsibilities :
- Ensure Up-to-date documentation (standards and guidelines/procedures/training modules)
- Network steering team/subcommittee deliverables achieved.
- Participate in Audits of the relevant area of competency
- Support audits of the area /plant they are responsible for
- Conduct Safety Observation as per the target in their area of responsibility
- Analyse the Safety Observation to arrive at actions to modify behaviours
- Ensure participation in Risk Management programs (Hazard Analysis, Incident Investigation and control measures identification and completion
- Impart training to enhance competency of the target group in the area of operation
- Participation in external Industry Bodies, trade association, Global Forums)
- Plan and conduct Safety promotion to increase awareness in areas which need attention
Important Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- What motivated you to apply for this position at Reliance, and what do you think you can contribute to the company as an Engineer Safety – OM&SH?
- I was excited to apply for this position because I have a Bachelors in Chemical Engineering and 5 years of experience in Process Industry Site Operations, along with 2-3 years of handling HSE. I believe that my technical understanding of operations, ability to coach, and persistence will enable me to ensure up-to-date documentation and conduct Safety Observations as per the target in my area of responsibility. I will also impart training to enhance the competency of the target group in the area of operation and participate in external Industry Bodies, trade association, and Global Forums.
- Can you tell us about your experience in implementing HSE Assurance models, and how do you ensure that the relevant area of competency meets the standards and guidelines/procedures/training modules?
- In my previous job, I had the opportunity to implement HSE Assurance models for 3-5 years, and it involved assessing the effectiveness of existing policies and procedures, identifying gaps, and implementing corrective actions to address those gaps. I would also ensure that the relevant area of competency meets the standards and guidelines/procedures/training modules by conducting audits and safety observations, analyzing the observations to arrive at actions to modify behaviors, and participating in Risk Management programs such as Hazard Analysis, Incident Investigation, and control measures identification and completion.
- How do you stay updated with the latest industry trends and regulations in HSE, and how do you apply this knowledge to your work?
- I stay updated with the latest industry trends and regulations in HSE by participating in external Industry Bodies, trade association, and Global Forums, reading technical literature and attending conferences and workshops related to HSE. I apply this knowledge to my work by reviewing and updating the existing HSE policies and procedures, identifying new risks, and implementing best practices to mitigate those risks.
- Can you describe a time when you faced a challenging HSE issue in your previous job, and how did you address it?
- In my previous job, there was a challenging HSE issue where a worker was injured due to a machinery malfunction. To address the issue, I conducted a thorough investigation to identify the root cause of the incident and implemented corrective actions to prevent similar incidents in the future. I also conducted a safety awareness training session for the workers to raise their awareness and educate them on the importance of following safety procedures.
- How do you ensure that all employees comply with HSE regulations and guidelines, and what steps do you take to promote safety culture in the workplace?
- To ensure that all employees comply with HSE regulations and guidelines, I would conduct regular safety audits and safety observations, identify areas for improvement, and take corrective actions to address the gaps. I would also provide regular training and awareness sessions to promote a safety culture in the workplace. Additionally, I would involve all employees in the HSE program by encouraging them to participate in the Risk Management programs and providing them with incentives for demonstrating good safety practices.
Editors Note: BSc Chemistry/Chemical Engineering Job Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.