SNBNCBS Admission into the Ph.D. Program in Chemical Sciences
The S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS) invites applications with consistently good academic record (First Division/Class) to apply for Admission into the Ph.D. Programme in Physical, Chemical & Biological Sciences for the academic year 2023-2024.
- The applicants are expected to be motivated to make a career in Research.
- The programme is fully residential and the students are offered on-campus accommodations and boarding facilities.
- The students, after registering with a Research Supervisor, have to undertake a prescribed
Course Work Programme.
The details of the Admission Programme are furnished below:
Department of Chemical & Biological Sciences (CBS)
Focused Research Areas for Admission:
- Experimental Biophysical Chemistry
- Laser Spectroscopy
- Biomedical Optics
- Physical Chemistry, chemical and soft matter physics
- Theoretical & Computational Chemistry
- Materials Chemistry, Porous Materials & Photocatalysis
Masters in Science / Technology in the subjects Chemistry, Physics, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Applied Optics and/or Photonics, Applied Physics, Electronics , with First Class / Division i.e., minimum 60% (55% for SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) /
EWS / Differently-abled candidates).
JEST – Upto AIR 348 in JEST-2023 OR NET – CSIR-NET-JRF */ UGC-NET-JRF* (Dec 2020,
September 2023. OR NET – CSIR-NET-LS / UGC-NET-LS Upto AIR 100 (Qualified in December 2021 & June 2022 NET Examination) OR GATE* – Upto AIR 1000 (2021, 2022, 2023) OR INSPIRE** – PROVISIONALLY SELECTED and
Award Letter to be valid up to September 2023. OR UGC-MANF (Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students) / UGC-NFSC (National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste students) / UGCNFOBC (National Fellowship for OBC Candidate) along with a valid award letter having validity at least upto September 2023
Date of Interview for A&C, TS, CMP&MS, CBMS Dept.:
June 14-16, 2023
None. However, the last qualifying University examination (Masters in Science/Technology) should have been taken not earlier than 2021.
Fellowship: As per GOI rule.
Currently Rs. 12,000/- each year is payable in two equal instalments at the beginning of the Autumn and Spring Semester.
There is a non refundable application fee of Rs. 500/- for General category candidates & Rs. 250/- for reserved categories (including Women).The fee to be paid through NEFT / RTGS / UPI Mode only. The account details are as follows:
Name of Account Holder : S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
Account Number : 089302000000220
Bank Name and Branch : Indian Overseas Bank, Salt Lake City Branch
Account Type : Current Account
IFSC Code : IOBA0000893
- Online Application Portal Starts on : 22/ 4/ 2023
- Online Application Portal Closes on : 21/ 5/ 2023
- Only online applications will be accepted. Please log on to http://www.bose.res.in or
http://newweb.bose.res.in/AcademicProgrammes/Admission.jsp for further details.
- In matters of admission, the decision of the Director of the Centre is final and binding
- For any issue or technical query related to online application portal, please write to:
- For any academic/official query, please write to: [email protected].
View Main Notification
Editors Note: SNBNCBS Admission Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.