CSIR-NIO Project Job – MSc Chemistry Candidates Apply
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
CSIR – National Institute of Oceanography, a constituent national laboratory of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research Institute (CSIR), invites applications from eligible
candidates for recruitment of the following project staff, purely on a temporary contractual basis to carry out research work on the R&D project and to be engaged in
NIO Regional Centre Visakhapatnam
Project Title: Monitoring of likely affected parameters in the Gautami Godavari
River during the installation of oil and gas pipeline
Vacancy Code SSP3430/2427-23
Initial Tenure: 7 Months
Job Title: Project Associate-I
No.of posts: 01
M.Sc. in Chemistry/Marine Chemistry/Chemical Oceanography
Desirable Qualification & Job Requirement
Hands on experience in the collection and analysis of chemical parameters in the aquatic
systems.Participation in the field works for sample collection.Analysis of samples in the
laboratory.Any other work related to the project
Age Limit: 35 Years
Salary: Rs.25000/- Plus HRA as per rules
How To Apply:
Eligible candidates should email the scanned copies of the following documents to [email protected] latest by 27 April 2023. Applications received after the last date and without the below mandatory documents will berejected.
All the documents including application form to be made SINGLE PDF File in the following order and to be sent to the mentioned email address. The complete fille should be saved with the candidate name and to be sent. Individual PDF files will not be considered.
(I) Scanned copy of the duly filled-in application form, given at the end of this advertisement. Followed by,
(II) Scanned copies of
a) CV/Bio Data with recent color photograph
b) Educational Qualification Certificate as mentioned in the advertisement essential qualification / Semester Mark sheet or Final Mark sheet is compulsory.
Along with this, Degree Award Certificate or Provisional Award Certificate . Percentage or CGPA should clearly displayed on any one of the certificate. If
certificate doesn’t have proper percentage / CGPA / Grade then the application may not be considered. The candidate must ensure to provide proper
certificates to ensure their eligibility for the said positions.
c) Date of Birth Proof (Any valid certificate having DoB such as SSLC, HSC, DoB Certificate, etc)
d) Category certificate (in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). (If applicable)
e) NET/GATE/SET/Any other Equivalent exam qualification certificate (IF applicable)
f) Experience certificate (Mandatory for the posts where experience is essential qualification) and Other certificates, if any. Mode of Selection: If number of applications are more, then selection committee will fix a criteria to shortlist the applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. Selection will be done on the basis of online interview through either Skype/Google Meet/Zoom or any other suitable software, as
decided by the competent authority. Applications received after the due date will be rejected. The short-listed candidates will be informed through e-mail/website.
The interview date will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates through email.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The engagement will be on purely temporary and contractual basis for the period mentioned in the advertisement. It is exclusively for the above
mentioned research work and the tenure shall be co-terminus with the project duration or till the completion of tenure whichever is earlier.
2. The engagement under this project does not confer any right/claim whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointments in CSIR-NIO/CSIR, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions precedent. It would therefore, not confer any right/claim, implicit or explicit, on the part of the candidates for regularization/absorption against any post in CSIR/NIO or under any other scheme of CSIR
3. Incase of candidates qualified with NET/GATE qualification, they may be considered for higher emoluments as per the DST regulations of project staffs,
subject to the approval of project funds and approval of competent authority.
4. Performance of the project staff would be reviewed periodically so that any one not found up to the mark, could be terminated with one month’s notice
or one month’s stipend in lieu thereof.
5. The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and/or experience shall be the closing date prescribed for submission of applications .
6. The period of experience in a discipline/area of work, wherever prescribed, should be in relevant area of work/field indicated against such position which shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum essential educational qualifications prescribed for that position.
7. The students in the final semester and results awaited candidates are not eligible to apply and their applications will not be considered.
8. Stipend may be revised depending on the funding agency guidelines issued time to time.
9. Candidates should note that non-fulfillment of the eligibility criterion will result in cancellation of candidature at any stage.
10. Incomplete applications without proper format and without eligibility supporting documents will not be considered.
Last Date To Apply: 27th April 2023
Important Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- What inspired you to apply for this position and what relevant experience do you have that makes you a suitable candidate for this role?
Answer: I have always been interested in environmental chemistry and chemical oceanography, which are directly related to the research work of this project. I have also previously worked on projects involving chemical analysis of water samples, which makes me well-suited for this role.
2. What are the key responsibilities of a Project Associate-I, and how do you plan to fulfill them?
Answer: As a Project Associate-I, my key responsibilities would include collecting and analyzing chemical parameters in aquatic systems, participating in field work for sample collection, analyzing samples in the laboratory, and undertaking any other work related to the project. I plan to fulfill these responsibilities by leveraging my expertise in the relevant areas and working collaboratively with other team members.
3. How do you plan to deal with unexpected challenges that may arise during the course of the project, and what steps would you take to ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget?
Answer: I understand that research projects can sometimes face unexpected challenges, and I am prepared to handle them by taking a systematic and analytical approach to problem-solving. In such situations, I would collaborate with my team members and seek guidance from my supervisor to identify potential solutions and implement them. I would also be proactive in monitoring project timelines and budgets to ensure that we stay on track.
4. What experience do you have with sample collection and analysis, and what are some of the challenges that you have faced in the past?
Answer: I have previous experience with sample collection and analysis in aquatic systems. One of the challenges that I have faced in the past is ensuring that the samples are collected and stored properly to prevent contamination or degradation. I have overcome this challenge by following standard operating procedures and using appropriate equipment and techniques to collect and preserve the samples.
5. How do you plan to contribute to the broader goals of the National Institute of Oceanography, and what are your long-term career aspirations in this field?
Answer: I plan to contribute to the broader goals of the National Institute of Oceanography by conducting high-quality research that advances our understanding of the chemistry of aquatic systems, particularly in relation to environmental issues such as pollution. In the long term, I aspire to become a leading researcher in this field and contribute to the development of solutions that address some of the most pressing environmental challenges of our time.
Editors Note: CSIR-NIO Project Job 2023, CSIR-NIO Project Job Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.