Mars BSc Chemistry Job – Raw Material Scientist Post Vacancy
Dont forget to check out possible questions for this job below
Mars Chemistry Job Opening. Mars is a family-owned business. ChemistryRaw Material Scientist job opening at Mars, BSc Chemistry job opening at Mars. BSc candidates are invited for the post of Raw Material Scientist. Interested and eligible candidates may apply. Check out all the details
Job Title: Raw Material Scientist
Job ID: R60166
Job Location: Bangalore
Eligbility Criteria: Bachelor of Science in a technical area including engineering, chemistry, food science and nutrition / technology. Minimum Experience with 3 to 4 years.
Preferred: In addition to the minimum requirements, knowledge of different R&D systems and specification management.
The Raw Material Scientist DS1 is an important role within the India Middle East & Africa (IMEA) R&D Innovation Delivery System 1 organization. The Raw Material Development Scientist is responsible for working cross functionally with Commercial Buyers, Suppliers, Product Development and Supply to identify new ingredient opportunities for the business that are critical to delivering a specified product design. This role will also be responsible to execute regional value leadership and supply security projects.
This role is responsible for driving these ingredientsthrough the qualification and approval process ensuring that they are properly assessed regarding any risks to for food safety. They will also develop ingredient Specifications which includes identifying the key ingredient attributes to be included on that Specification. As a regional Raw Material Scientist, this role may work on all product categories, based on the needs of the business.
The Raw Material Scientist possess a solid drive for results, excellent project management skills, a creative and entrepreneurial growth mindset, and an ability to create strong networks and relationships to drive the innovation agenda. They work independently with minimal guidance and will build effective cross functional working teams to drive projects to execution.
- Responsible for management of a raw material portfolio in-line with Material quality management, including joint responsibility with SQA, to identify opportunities (e.g. new materials, harmonization).
- Collaborating with industry suppliers and commercial buyers to identify ingredients that can meet the needs for product design.
- Responsible for R&D systems linked to ingredient specifications and material risk assessments. Be the interface to the Global Raws and Formulation team to support in the roll-out of key strategic initiatives such as new material risk assessments and specification management systems.
- Identification of new ingredient opportunities to deliver cost savings to the business while maintaining or improving product quality.
- Leverage their knowledge of ingredients to help set strategy and identify ways to enhance key product attributes and potential savings through alternate suppliers.
- Support in alignment and management of stakeholders internal/external to R&D.
- Influences and/or develops technical strategies for R&D systems.
- Responsible for ingredient Specifications and R&D system linked to specification management
Important Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- What qualifications are required for this role?
Answer: The job requires a Bachelor of Science degree in a technical area such as engineering, chemistry, food science and nutrition/technology. The candidate should have a minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience. Preferred qualifications include knowledge of different R&D systems and specification management.
2. What are the key responsibilities of the Raw Material Scientist in this role?
Answer: The Raw Material Scientist will manage a raw material portfolio, collaborate with suppliers and buyers to identify ingredients, develop and manage R&D systems and ingredient specifications, identify new ingredient opportunities to reduce costs while maintaining quality, and align and manage stakeholders internal and external to R&D.
3. How will the Raw Material Scientist work cross-functionally with other teams to drive innovation?
Answer: The Raw Material Scientist will possess a solid drive for results, excellent project management skills, a creative and entrepreneurial growth mindset, and an ability to create strong networks and relationships to drive the innovation agenda. They will work independently with minimal guidance and will build effective cross functional working teams to drive projects to execution.
4. Can you give an example of a time when you identified a new ingredient opportunity that resulted in cost savings while maintaining product quality?
Answer: The candidate should describe a specific example of a situation where they identified a new ingredient opportunity that reduced costs while maintaining product quality. They should explain how they identified the opportunity, how they evaluated the risks, and how they worked with suppliers and buyers to implement the change.
5. How would you ensure that ingredients are properly assessed regarding any risks for food safety?
Answer: The candidate should describe their approach to assessing risks for food safety. They should explain how they would work with suppliers and buyers to evaluate the safety of new ingredients, how they would develop and manage ingredient specifications to ensure safety, and how they would collaborate with other teams to ensure that safety is a top priority.
Editors Note: Mars BSc Chemistry Job Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.