IIT Goa Chemistry JRF Recruitment – Applications Invited
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow to work under the research project. Chemistry job opening 2023, Junior research fellow job opening 2023, JRF job opening 2023, JRF Vacancy. Intrested and eligible candidates may check out all the details on the same below:
Project Title “Insensitive high nitrogen binders for energetic applications” in the School of Mechanical Sciences, IIT Goa.
Job Title: JRF
Sponsor: The project is sponsored by Indian Space Research Organisation, Department of Space, Government of India
Nature of work
The project requires an interdisciplinary approach. It involves designing and synthesizing organic molecules that can be used as a monomer for making nitrogen-enriched polymers for high-energy materials. These high-energy materials will be tested for their characteristics. JRF will receive training in organic synthesis, polymerization, and energetic material testing and applications.
No. of Position One (1)
Duration of Appointment One year, which will be extended further based on the performance.
Graduate/Post graduate degree in Chemistry selected through a
process described through any one of the following.
a)Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Test- CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
b)The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Department and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE,DOS ,DRDO,MHRD,ICAR,ICMR,IIT, IISc,IISER etc.
Research experience in Organic Synthesis , characterization and polymer chemistry
Salary 31,000/- PM
- DA Not to be entitled to DA.
- HRA As per funding agency norms.
- Medical Benefits As per the Institute norms.
- Leave entitlements As per the Institute norms
How to apply Interested candidates can fill the below form.
Last Date of application 27th April 2023, 5:00 PM
For any update regarding the last date of submission of application candidates
must visit: https://iitgoa.ac.in/project-position/
1. If the number of applications received in response to advertisement is large, the constituted selection committee may restrict the number of candidates to be called for selection to a reasonable limit of desirable qualification and /or on the record of academic performance and/or any other benchmark decided by a committee constituted to screen the applications. No communication will be entertained with candidates who are not called for selection.
2. If the applicants have any questions, they can write to [email protected] and in the subject they have to mention the Institute project number “2023/EMR/AA/055”.
3. Informal inquiries via email may be made with PI: Dr. Anirudha Ambekar, Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical Sciences : [email protected]
4. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the selection process.
5. Selected candidates will have to join in a reasonable time upon receipt of the offer.
Important Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- What motivated you to apply for this Junior Research Fellow position, and what makes you a suitable candidate for this role?
Answer: I am excited about the interdisciplinary nature of this project and the opportunity to gain experience in organic synthesis, polymerization, and energetic material testing. My academic background in Chemistry, along with my research experience in organic synthesis and polymer chemistry, make me a suitable candidate for this role.
2. Could you describe your experience with designing and synthesizing organic molecules for energetic applications?
Answer: In my previous research projects, I have synthesized organic molecules using various synthetic routes and characterized them using spectroscopic techniques. I have also worked with nitrogen-enriched polymers and investigated their potential applications in high-energy materials. These experiences have equipped me with the necessary skills to contribute to this project.
3. do you plan to approach the project’s goal of designing insensitive high nitrogen binders for energetic applications?
Answer: I plan to follow a systematic approach to design and synthesize organic molecules with high nitrogen content. I will then use these molecules as a monomer to create nitrogen-enriched polymers, which will be characterized and tested for their energetic properties. I will also collaborate with other researchers in the team to optimize the synthesis and processing conditions.
4. What challenges do you anticipate while working on this project, and how do you plan to overcome them?
Answer: One of the challenges could be designing molecules with a high nitrogen content while maintaining their stability and safety. To overcome this challenge, I plan to perform a thorough literature review and consult with other researchers in the team. I will also carry out safety assessments of the synthesized materials before testing them for their energetic properties.
5. Could you tell us about your long-term career goals and how this position aligns with them?
Answer: My long-term career goal is to become an independent researcher in the field of materials chemistry. This position aligns with my goal as it offers me an opportunity to gain experience in interdisciplinary research, develop new skills, and work with experienced researchers in the field. The project’s focus on designing high-energy materials also aligns with my research interests, and I believe that the skills and knowledge I gain from this project will help me in achieving my long-term career goals.
Editors Note: IIT Goa Chemistry JRF IIT Goa Chemistry JRF Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.