Postgraduate Admissions July 2023 @ IITG – Applications Invited
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for July 2023 Session admission to
Doctoral/MTech/MDes/MS(R)/MA programmes of IIT Guwahati
Department of Chemical Engineering
Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Medical Sciences/Veterinary Sciences/Pharmacy in the relevant area, or
Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Medical Sciences in the relevant area
Department of Chemistry
Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Design/Science in the relevant area, or
Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Design/Science in the relevant area
1. Applications for Doctoral/MTech/MDes/MS(R)/MA programmes should be submitted only online through the
Application Portal: https://www.iitg.ac.in/admission
2. Applications will not be accepted in any other mode.
3. Before submission of applications, please go through the information provided on this admission website carefully.
4. Candidates need to register only once on the Application Portal. Under the same login, candidates can submit applications to multiple programmes and disciplines. But, application fee should be paid separately for each application.
5. Submission of online application is a three step process. Unless all the three steps are completed, the application will not be treated as complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered for processing.
- Step-1: Personal information including the educational qualifications.
- Step-2: Selection of programme.
- Step-3: Online payment of application fee.
6. For submission of applications to different programmes and disciplines, the candidates have to repeat step-2 and step-3.
7. Application & Processing Fee: In step-3 of the online application process, each candidate needs to make payment of application (processing) fee online as per the following:
- All Female Candidates : Rs.150/-
- All Transgender Candidates : Rs.150/-
- All SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates : Rs.150/-
- All Other Candidates : Rs.300/-
8. Applications without successful (online) payment of application fee shall be rejected.
1. Applications of the candidates which are complete in all respects are considered valid.
2. For each programme, the respective department/school/centre will process the valid applications discipline wise and/or specialization wise.
3. MEC: The applicants who do not satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria and norms will not be considered for shortlisting/selection process.
4. Shortlisting: The Institute reserves the right to consider a limited number of eligible candidates for selection process by setting additional shortlisting criteria based on the performance in GATE/NET/CEED, grades/marks in the qualifying degree examination and/or other educational qualifications starting from Class 10.
5. The shortlisted candidates shall be considered for the selection process.
6. Selections for MA/MDes/MS(R)/PhD/Dual Master’s + PhD programmes shall be based on the performance of candidates in the previous educational qualifications and in the written test and/or interview conducted by the respective department/school/centre.
7. i) COAP: Regular category seats for GATE qualified candidates in the following disciplines of MTech programme shall be offered through COAP (https://coap.iitkgp.ac.in/):
c) Civil Engineering
d) Computer Science and Engineering
e) Chemical Engineering
f) Electronics and Electrical Engineering
g) Mechanical Engineering
h) Data Science
i) Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
j) Biomedical Science and Engineering
Such applicants have to follow the COAP schedule for accepting the offered seats. Selection of such applicants will be, typically, based on only GATE score. However, for certain disciplines/specializations, the department/school/centre, may also decide to conduct written test and/or interview (which will carry a maximum of 30% weightage).
ii) Selections for other categories (regular with IIT Degree, and non-regular) for the MTech programmes listed above (in point (i)), and for all categories for all other MTech programmes shall be based on the performance of candidates in the previous educational qualifications and in the written test and/or interview conducted by the
8. Mode of Selection: The selection for a particular programme and discipline will be conducted in one of the following modes, as decided by the respective department/school/centre:
- Offline: All stages of the selection process shall be completely offline for which the candidates have to come to the campus and participate in the selection process.
- Online: All stages of the selection process shall be completely online through video conferencing through MS Teams, G-Meet, etc., as per the convenience. For no stage of the selection the candidates need to come to the campus.
- Hybrid: Some stages of the selection process shall be Online and some stages of the selection process shall be Offline. At every stage, selection process shall be either Online or Offline for ALL the candidates shortlisted for that stage. That is, in a particular stage, it is not permitted to conduct the selection Online for one candidate and Offline for another candidate.
- An example for hybrid mode: In stage-1, all shortlisted candidates shall face screening
interviews online. Then, in stage-2, all those candidates who are further shortlisted in stage-1 shall be called for final interviews which will be held offline on the campus.
- The mode of selection might vary from one department to the other department/school/centre. Also, it may vary from one programme to the other programme within the department/school/centre.
- The mode of selection for a particular programme and discipline will be announced along with the schedule of selections.
9. For PhD programme, the shortlisting and the selection may be done specialization wise by the respective department/school/centre.
10. Applicants have to visit this website and websites of respective department/school/centres regularly for information regarding shortlisting and selection of candidates. No personalized information can be expected in
this regard. IIT Guwahati will not be responsible for delayed response from the applicants.
11. The results of shortlisting and selection shall be announced on the Application Portal. The applicants may login to the portal and check the results.
12. For any queries on the shortlisting/selections, the applicants can contact the DPPC/SPPC/CPPC Secretary or the Head of the Department/School/Centre. Click here for Contact Details.
Editors Note: Postgraduate Admissions July 2023 Postgraduate Admissions July 2023 Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.