"text-align: center;">Merck Sr Scientist Vacancy – PhD Chemistry Candidates Apply
Dont forget to check out possible interview questions for this job below
Merck hiring chemistry candidates. PhD job opening 2023. Expert job opening 2023, chemistry Solution Scientist vacancy. Solution Scientist job opening 2023. PhD Chemistry job opening 2023. PhD Chemistry job vacancy 2023. Intrested and eligible candidates may check out all the details
Job Title: Solution Scientist
Who you are:
- PhD in Chemistry (Organic Synthesis and Material Science) is essential. Post-doc and industry experience of 1-3 years would be preferable. A degree or diploma in management.
- Technical expertise in area of their post-graduation/PhD
- Excellent communication skill including presentation skill & training
- Attitude of learning, building relationship and have negations skills
- Digital savvy & knowledge of MS-Office
- Knowledge of Sales/Marketing processes, procedures, and technology
- Time management, Analysis, evaluation, required to meet the Department objectives.
- Empathy and sense of urgency. Good communication skills, Honest and Integrity.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
Open for travel for business purpose
- Enable the achievement of sales goals
- Provide technical presales support including qualification of opportunities, solution development, and solution
- Conduct demos & experiments alongside end users
- Provide technical post-sales support include method validation and functionality post implementationMaintain a technical industry presence by having regular updates in new techniques
- Develop relationships with key influencers in top accounts as well as other industry KOLs
- Speak at and attends symposiums and other industry events
- Capture scientific trends and VOC and shares with appropriate stakeholders internally
- Enable Commercial Marketing programs with technical expertise as required
- Regular update and maintenance of customer database with details of their area of interest
- Training to account managers & Dealers sales executive to improve their capabilities
- Support special projects and other ad hoc Commercial activities
- Leveraging digital tools to prospect, opportunity creation & improve sales conversion
- Reports to management, including market & competition.
Primary Job Function:
Responsible for enabling the achievement of sales goals. Provides pre and post sales technical support including serving as a technical expert and ensuring the customer is experiencing the anticipated results. Speaks at industry events and symposiums. Maintains relationships with end-user influencers and KOLs.
Important Interview Questions and Answers for the above job role:
- What inspired you to apply for this Solution Scientist position at Merck, and what skills and experiences make you the ideal candidate for this role?
Answer: As a PhD holder in Chemistry with expertise in Organic Synthesis and Material Science, I believe I have the necessary technical knowledge and industry experience to succeed in this role. I also have excellent communication, presentation, and training skills, which would enable me to provide pre and post-sales technical support to customers, speak at industry events and symposiums, and maintain relationships with key end-user influencers and KOLs. Additionally, my management degree and digital savvy skills would help me leverage digital tools to prospect, create opportunities and improve sales conversion.
2. Can you describe your experience in providing technical pre-sales support, including opportunity qualification, solution development, and solution demonstration?
Answer: As a post-doc researcher and industry professional, I have provided technical pre-sales support to potential customers by understanding their needs, qualifying opportunities, developing solutions that meet their requirements, and conducting demonstrations and experiments alongside end-users. This process involves active listening, effective communication, and collaboration with other team members to ensure that the customer is experiencing the anticipated results.
3. How do you stay up-to-date with new techniques and scientific trends in the industry, and how do you share this information with other stakeholders internally?
Answer: I regularly attend symposiums and other industry events, read relevant scientific journals, and network with other industry experts and KOLs. I also collaborate with other team members to capture scientific trends and VOC and share this information with appropriate stakeholders internally through regular updates, presentations, and reports.
4. How do you train account managers and dealer sales executives to improve their capabilities, and what metrics do you use to evaluate their performance?
Answer: I provide training to account managers and dealer sales executives to improve their capabilities by sharing technical knowledge, best practices, and industry insights. I also help them understand the customer’s needs and expectations and provide them with tools and resources to address those needs. I evaluate their performance by tracking key performance indicators (KPIs), such as customer satisfaction, sales growth, and market share.
5. How do you balance your time between supporting sales goals, attending industry events, and completing special projects and ad hoc commercial activities?
Answer: I prioritize my tasks based on their importance and urgency, align them with the department objectives, and communicate with my team members to ensure that we are all working towards the same goals. I also leverage digital tools to improve my productivity and efficiency, such as using calendars, task lists, and project management software. Finally, I am open to travel for business purposes and work closely with my manager to ensure that I am meeting the expectations of the role.
Editors Note: Merck Sr Scientist Vacancy Merck Sr Scientist Vacancy Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.