CSIR CCMB PhD Admission 2023 – Applications Invited
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. Degree. The projects offered for Ph.D. would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
August 2023 Ph.D. Program (NOTIFICATION NO. 02/2023)
A. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPLYING
Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Pharmacy/Medicine.
- Candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their applications online by 20-03-2023 through this LINK. https://apply.registernow.in/CCMB/Phd23/
B. SELECTION PROCESS
1. Online applications will be screened and eligible candidates will be will be informed about a computer-based test or a remote proctored online test. The dates for the test would be announced soon.
2. Candidates qualifying in the test and having a valid FELLOWSHIP for pursuing Ph.D. will be shortlisted to appear for in-person interview at CCMBfor which the dates will be communicated soon.
A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CCMB, and the eligible
- Any National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or
any other equivalent fellowship for pursuing Ph.D.
- Candidates with a BE/B.Tech degree in Biotechnology or in any engineering discipline must have a GATE score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- B.Pharm degree candidates must have a GPAT score of at least 85.0 percentile.
- The fellowship MUST be valid by the time of joining (August 2023).
- Candidates with lecturer-ship only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination or the
M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm candidates with GATE/GPAT will not be shortlisted for interview.
- Candidates will have to make their OWN arrangements for travel, stay, etc. at the examination centre and/or in Hyderabad for interviews (2-3 days). Travelling allowance is not payable by CCMB.
- Candidates qualifying both preliminary and the final interview will be selected for pursuing a Ph.D. at CCMB. Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of CCMB in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
- For inquiries, contact: [email protected]
Please check the website regularly for updates.
- Registration and submission of Form Online Tuesday 28th February 2023
- Last Date of Submission of Form Online Monday 20th March 2023
- Date of Downloading Admit Cards Online TBA
- Date of Examination TBA
Register Now Here
View Main Notification
Editors Note: CSIR CCMB PhD Admission Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.