Schrödinger Computational Chemistry Job Vacancy 2023
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
Job Title: Solutions Architect
They are seeking a Solutions Architect to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through developing, distributing, and applying advanced computational methods.
As a member of our Solutions Architecture group, you’ll work directly with top-tier customers, scientists, and developers to deploy, configure, and tune the company’s high-end suite of molecular modeling, informatics applications, and related systems. You’ll also maintain Schrödinger’s internal scientific computing resources and work with highly skilled individuals within challenging software environments. In your conversations with our Product Managers, you’ll be the voice of the customer
Eligbility Criteria & Skills:
- A deep background in research informatics, computational chemistry, and/or materials science
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Advanced networking experience, e.g. DNS, routing, firewalls, proxies, VPCs, NAT gateways
Who will love this job:
- A scientist who’s enthusiastic about Linux systems administration and is proficient in at least one scripting language like bash or Python
- A problem-solver with excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- A driven and enthusiastic learner who’s excited about investigating performance issues, benchmarking, recommending improvements, and picking up new skills in the scientific and IT realms
- An excellent communicator who is motivated to help customers succeed with our scientific software solutions and willing to travel to customer sites as needed
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that our software performs optimally in the customer environment (which ranges from small on-prem server setups to sophisticated HPC and cloud environments)
- Design and implement optimal deployment strategies and custom interfaces for integration with customer systems and technologies
- Help customers tackle thorny technical issues by collaborating to create smart, efficient and effective solutions
- Work closely with customers on the installation, configuration, and update/maintenance of on-premises or cloud-hosted installations of our scientific computing and enterprise software applications
- Collaborate with product managers, developers and scientists, to improve deployment, support, and configuration of our applications
- Partner with our global IT team to support and improve Schrödinger’s internal infrastructure
What you should have (or be willing to learn):
- Extensive experience with the Linux OS (and proficiency in a scripting language like bash or Python)
- Some research data management background in the pharmaceutical industry (or another scientific space) using relational databases and SQL.Experience with developing, deploying and supporting custom ETL solutions is ideal.
- Solid cloud computing expertise (i.e., hands-on work with GCP, AWS, Azure), ideally with exposure to scalable computing and containerization technologies.
- Background in HPC technologies (i.e., job management systems, networking, GPGPU computing, etc.).
- Deep understanding of web-based applications (i.e., REST APIs, data ETL, SQL databases)
- An interest in life sciences and/or physics (a formal academic background in the classical sciences is a plus!)
Editors Note: Schrödinger Computational Chemistry Job Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.