Bose Institute Announces Admission for PhD Programme
The Institute desires to admit students for its Ph.D. programme twice a year, for sessions beginning tentatively in January and July. Interviews for this session will be held tentatively during early January 2023.
Areas of research: Environmental Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences & Physical Sciences.
● Candidates are required to provide a Statement of Purpose (SOP), in prescribed format.
Fellowship: Admissible as per Govt. of India rules as provided by UGC/CSIR/DBT/DST/ICMR
Total number of vacancy: 33 (UR-16, OBC-8, SC-3, ST-3, EWS-3)
Age limit: Below 28 years (relaxation of age is applicable as per Government of India rules).
Eligibility for PhD Interview:
(1) Candidates should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST- INSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent), whose last date of validity should not be earlier than 31
st March, 2023. If candidates, who are in the final year of their Master’s degree programme and are in possession of an award of a JRF, are selected, they will have to submit their final degree certificate at the time of joining.
(2) Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: Engineering/ Science/
Technology with at least 55 % of marks for
per UGC norms.
(3) DST-INSPIRE candidates can only be admitted provisionally. Confirmation of their admission to the PhD programme of Bose Institute is subject to the final award of INSPIRE fellowship by DST. If the candidate is finally not awarded the INSPIRE fellowship by DST, his/her provisional admission is liable to be cancelled by the Institute.
(4) Candidates who have qualified in GATE/ JEST/ JGEEBILS/ NET (LS) etc., but who do not have a valid award of JRF mentioned in (1) above, or equivalent, are ineligible to apply.
Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility should apply online at the URL –
An acknowledgement receipt will be generated following successful submission of the online
application form. Candidates should retain this receipt for future reference. If called for the
interview, candidates must produce this acknowledgement receipt. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the interview without this receipt.
For any difficulties pertaining to online application, please send email to:
1. Names of the shortlisted candidates, along with the date and time of interview will be
displayed on the Institute website
- It should be noted that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission
- The interview will be conducted in offline mode. Online interview will be taken only if :
(i) candidate’s place of residence is beyond 100 km from the Unified Campus of Bose
Institute (candidate must furnish proof of residence)
(ii) Candidate will be appearing for an interview at another institution on the same date
(candidate must furnish a copy of interview letter, which mentions the date of
In such cases candidate must submit request via email ([email protected])
within two days of publication of interview schedule on Bose Institute website.
2. A two-step screening process will be followed, with knowledge in core subject being assessed in the first step and suitability of the candidate for conducting scientific research at Bose Institute, along with finalization of Ph.D. guide-candidate matching, being assessed in the second step. At the time of application, candidates will be required to submit a Statement of Purpose, which will be used during the second round of screening
3. Eligibility criteria including upper age limit will be reckoned on the last date of
submission of application.
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated the date of interview at the respective
email IDs. The list will also be available at www.jcbose.ac.in.
5. Before applying, the applicants should ensure that they posses at least the essential
qualifications and other conditions specified in the advertisement. If a candidate is
found not eligible, his/her candidature will be cancelled at any stage of interview
process. (It may be noted that even if a candidate qualified in the interview and
subsequently it is found that he/she does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, his/her
candidature will be cancelled).
6. No TA/DA will be allowed for appearing for the interview
7. Specific instructions regarding the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted
8. The final list of selected candidates will be displayed on the Institute website
9. The Institute Authority reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof
10. The candidates may keep a watch at Institute’s website for any amendment.
11. No interim queries in any form whatsoever will be entertained.
12. Canvassing or bringing influence in any form will disqualify the candidature.
13. Age relaxation will be given to the eligible candidates as per Govt. of India guidelines.
14. Reservation rules as notified by UGC for reservation to SC/ST/OBC/EWS shall be
15. Caste Certificate shall be furnished by the respective candidate to claim reservation in
16. Any candidate claiming to belong to the OBC shall furnish a certificate in the
prescribed form signed by any of the specified authorities. No other certificate will be
accepted. The caste certificate issuing authority should also certify that the candidate
does not belong any of the Creamy Layers (format given in Bose Institute website).
17. All disputes shall come under the Kolkata jurisdiction.
- Last Date for online application: 23:59 Hrs. on December 18, 2022.
- For all information to follow our website at www.jcbose.ac.in
Deadline for online application: 23:59 Hrs. on December 18, 2022
Editors Note: Bose Institute Announces Admission Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.