NISER Admission to Ph.D Program: 2022-23
PhD Program 2022 NISER PhD admission 2022. NISER Admission 2022. Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission in the PhD program scheduled to commence from 1st January, 2023 in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar:
Department: School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Chemistry or allied Chemistry fields. Student with Master’s degree in any branches of Basic Sciences with undergraduate degree in Chemistry (or chemistry as one of the subjects) or M.Tech in applied Chemistry or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing a career in Chemistry are also encouraged to apply.
Requirement of Qualifying in National Level Examinations for pursuing PhD programme
School of Chemical Sciences – Candidates should have qualified at least one of these
National Level Examinations i.e. CSIR-UGC NET (LS or JRF)/ GATE valid for the academic
(a) The cut off marks for national examination such as GATE/ JEST/ GPAT/ NBHM/
JGEEBILS/ CSIR-UGC-NET etc will be further decided by each School for the relevant
(b) As per HBNI Ordinance, student having DST INSPIRE Doctoral Fellowship ONLY, without
qualifying any other national level written examination as mentioned above
not be considered for admission to Ph.D program in NISER.
(c) Candidates with GPA in qualifying degree may need to produce the conversion note (in case it is not mentioned in their mark sheet) from their institution towards calculation of percentage.
1. Students with institute fellowship from NISER will be eligible to draw `31,000/- for first two years, which will subsequently be enhanced to `35,000/- for remaining three years, subject to the condition that he/she fulfills all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time.
2. Students with external fellowship from agencies viz. CSIR, UGC etc will be eligible to draw fellowship as per the extant rules of the respective funding agencies.
• The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
• The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written test, if necessary, for the admission.
• Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
• All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
How to Apply
• The application form has to be filled up online at https://www.niser.ac.in and candidates should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission process. At the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should upload soft copy of the supporting documents as per the eligibility criteria.
• Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up separate online application forms for each school with appropriate supporting documents.
• Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with signature of the referee on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of interview. The copy of the reference letter is available online.
• NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for Ph.D program.
• Online application will be activated on – 08 November 2022
• Last date for filling up online application – 22 November 2022
• List of candidates short-listed for test/interview will be uploaded on NISER website as soon as the scrutiny is over. Dates of selection tests/interviews are as follows:
School of Chemical Sciences: 20th – 21st December 2022.
Checklist for application submission
During online submission, you will need to have the following ready with you for uploading;
• JPEG file of your passport size photo.
• JPEG file of your valid signatures.
• Birth Certificate/10th pass certificate in support of date of birth.
• Certificate in support of category (SC/ST), only if applicable.
• Certificate and mark sheets in support of passing qualifying examination i.e Master’s degree. In case the original pass certificate is not issued by University then a certificate from the University on its letterhead with seal of the concerned authority certifying the completion of degree should be submitted.
• Certificate/document in support of qualifying national level examination(s) viz. CSIR-UGC NET/ GATE/ GPAT/ DBT/ ICMR/ JEST or any other as applicable.
Editors Note: NISER Admission to Ph.D Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.