Admission To PhD Program @ IISER Tirupati – January 2023
IISER Tirupati invites applications from prospective candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme, January 2023. IISER Tirupati admits students in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Earth and Climate Sciences and associated interdisciplinary areas of research. In addition to research, the programme involves coursework and teaching assistantships.
The department-specific eligibility criteria for January 2023 admissions are given below. Information about individual faculty profiles and areas of research can be obtained from the IISER Tirupati website.
Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Theoretical & Computational Chemistry, Physical & Materials Chemistry, Chemical biology and other Chemistry allied disciplines.
Visit the following website for further details:
- Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in master’s degree in any branch of Science: Physics/Chemistry/ Mathematics/Biology or ME/M.Tech or any equivalent degree.
- Candidates with BE/B.Tech degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale can also apply.
- IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual degree students with CGPA >= 8.0 are eligible without the essential eligibility criteria listed
- In this round, the departments of Biology, Chemistry and Physics will admit PhD students.
Essential Eligbility Criteria:
Qualified for CSIR/UGCLS/JRF/INSPIRE PhD Fellowships/GATE/Any other National Fellowships
Application Procedure: Only online applications will be accepted.
Applicants can submit their forms for the Chemistry discipline in the following link:
Upon selection and subsequently joining the PhD program, candidates who do not possess any CSIR, DBT and INSPIRE, will be eligible for institute fellowship at par with CSIR, DBT etc., but without HRA and Contingency components.
All communication with candidates will be by email only.
Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
General Information to the Applicants:
- The candidate MUST have qualified at least ONE of the above-mentioned essential eligibility criteria in relevant discipline.
- The fellowships/scores/ranks must be valid at the time of joining the course.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST, PWD and KM category, the percentage of marks may be relaxed by 5% or 0.5 in the case of CGPA.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree (as mentioned in the minimum criteria) are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission. A provisional degree certificate is mandatory at the time of admission.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and the final selection is based on interview performance.
TA/DA will be provided to the SC/ST/PD students appearing for the interview as per institute norms.
Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for an interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) to shortlist candidates for interviews.
Opening date of online application: October 11, 2022
Closing date of online application: November 6, 2022
Announcement of candidates shortlisted for interview: November 12 – 16, 2022 (Tentative)
Interview of shortlisted candidates: December 2 – 8, 2022 (Tentative)
Announcement of interview results: December 9 – 14, 2022 (Tentative)
Joining date for PhD Program: January 2, 2023 (Tentative)
Editors Note: Admission To PhD Program IISER Tirupati Admission Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.