GATE Exam 2023 Official Notification Announced – Deadline & Eligibility
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
Organizer: IIT Kharagpur
Description: GATE 2023
Highlights of GATE 2023
• Dates of examination: Saturday 4th, Sunday 5th, Saturday 11th, and Sunday 12th February 2023. There are two sessions (forenoon and afternoon) each day.
• Fully Computer Based Test (CBT).
• Total number of subject papers: 29.
• All Test Papers of GATE 2023 examinations will be entirely of objective type. The pattern of questions will include some Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ), while the remaining questions may include Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
• A candidate is allowed to appear for ONE or maximum TWO subject papers only. TWO Paper combinations have to be chosen from the given list of combinations of papers. Final allotment of TWO papers will still be subject to the availability of infrastructure and dates.
• Eligibility criteria: A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible to appear for the GATE 2023 examination.
• There is NO age limit to appear for the GATE 2023 examination.
• Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through GATE 2023 website (https://gate.iitk.ac.in). Even if a candidate is appearing for TWO papers, the candidate should fill in ONLY ONE application form.
• GATE 2023 score card will remain valid for THREE years from the results announcement date.
• Candidates with BDS, BVSc and BSc (Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry) degrees can write GATE 2023.
• Details are available at the official website: https://gate.iitk.ac.in
• Organising Institute: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK).
Note: Zonal GATE offices (IITs and IISc) NEVER sell or advertise any GATE examination papers or syllabus. Candidates are advised to stay alert about frauds in the market / fake emails / fake SMS related to GATE. Any individual/organization claiming to sell/distribute GATE papers in the name of IITs and IISc will attract appropriate legal action.
The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject. Note that the GATE 2023 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the results’ announcement date. No information on the GATE 2023 score will be available after this period.
About GATE 2023
• IIT Kanpur is the organizing institute for GATE 2023.
• Information website for GATE 2023 is https://gate.iitk.ac.in
• GATE 2023 will be conducted for 29 subjects (also referred to as “papers”).
• Examination for all the 29 subjects (papers) will be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT).
• The Computer Based Test examination papers will contain some questions of (i) Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type, where only one option out of four options is correct. The remaining questions may be of (ii) Multiple Select Question (MSQ) type, where one or more than one options out of four options is/are correct, and/or (iii) Numerical Answers Type (NAT) where the answer must be keyed in by the candidate using a virtual keypad. The candidates will use ONLY an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination.
• A candidate can appear in ANY ONE or UP TO TWO papers of the GATE examination. However, note that the combination of TWO papers in which a candidate can appear MUST be selected from the pre-defined list as given in Table 4.3. Even if a candidate is appearing for TWO papers, the candidate should fill in ONLY ONE application form.
• GATE 2023 examinations will be held during the forenoon and afternoon sessions on Saturday 4 th, Sunday 5th, Saturday 11th, and Sunday 12th of February 2023.
• Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2023 may be held in multiple sessions. However, a candidate will be required to appear for the examination in ONLY one of the multiple sessions of the same paper.
• Exact details of the complete examination schedule will be notified later on the GATE 2023 website (https://gate.iitk.ac.in).
How To Apply:
Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through GATE 2023 website (https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in). Even if a candidate is appearing for TWO papers, the candidate should fill in ONLY ONE application form.
- GATE 2023 scorecard will remain valid for THREE years from the results announcement date.
- Details are available at the official website: https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in
GATE 2022 PAPERS
GATE 2022 will be conducted for 29 papers. The table shows the list of papers with codes. Please click the link in Paper/Code to download the syllabus.
A candidate is allowed to appear either in ONE or UP TO TWO papers of the GATE 2022 examination. However, a candidate is only allowed to select the second paper from the pre-defined Two Paper Combination list.
|XE Paper Sections||Code||XH Paper Sections||Code||XL Paper Sections||Code|
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)
|A||Reasoning and Comprehension (Compulsory)
|Any TWO optional Sections
(2×35 = 70 marks)
|Any ONE optional Section
|Any TWO optional Sections
(2×30 = 60 marks)
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Psychology||C5||Food Technology||U|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H|
Multi-sessional papers: The candidate will be assigned to appear only in one of the sessions for the papers running in multiple sessions.
Each GATE 2022 paper is for total of 100 marks,General Aptitude (GA) is common for all papers (15 marks) and the rest of the paper covers the respective syllabus (85 marks). Click here for detailed Pattern of the Question Papers.
Candidates must familiarize themselves with the paper code as it is required both during application and examination.
A candidate appearing in ONE or TWO Papers should fill ONLY ONE application form. In case of Multiple applications, only one will be accepted and remaining applications will be rejected without any refund for the paid fee.
- Application for GATE 2022 must be submitted ONLINE website (https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in) by paying the necessary application fees. Where applicable, the photograph, signature, category certificate (SC / ST / PwD), and/or Dyslexic certificate must be uploaded during the online application. Candidates MUST enter the valid photo identity (ID) number specified in any one of the following IDs: Aadhaar-UID (preferable), Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, and Driving License.
- The candidates who do not possess any of these identity cards may please procure any one of them before making the application. Candidate MUST produce the SAME original valid photo ID proof during the examination for verification purposes. In the absence of the SAME original valid photo ID proof, the candidate will NOT be allowed to appear for the GATE 2022 examination.
GATE 2023 Examination Cities
Table 4.4 gives a tentative list of the cities (zone-wise) in which the GATE 2022 examination is planned to be held. Also given in the table are the details of the Zonal GATE Offices.
Choice of Examination City: A candidate can choose THREE cities from the list of examination cities given in Table 4.4. All three choices must be from the same GATE 2022 zone.
If a candidate chooses a particular city (in a particular zone) as the first choice, then he/she will be able to choose the city of second and third choices ONLY from the same zone. Note that, because of the operational constraints, the GATE Committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one and allot a city that may not be from any of the choices selected by the candidate.
GATE 2022 Application Fee
Details of the application fee per candidate per paper are given in Table 4.5. The application fee is NEITHER refundable (except for the condition in the note above Table 4.3) NOR transferable. Payments have to be made online by using either net banking/debit card/credit card/wallet. As per the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges may be applicable. These charges will be specified on the payment portal.
Details of Application Fee for GATE 2023 (Per Subject Paper)
|For Examination Centres in India||Regular Period
(30th August to
24th Sept. 2021)
(25th Sep. to 1
|Female candidates (per paper)||₹ 850||₹ 1350|
|SC / ST / PwD* category candidates (per paper)||₹ 850||₹ 1350|
|All other candidates (per paper)||₹ 1700||₹ 2200|
This is a tentative list of examination cities, and any change will be updated on the website.
Choice of Examination City:
A candidate can choose THREE cities from the list of examination cities given above. All three choices must be from the same GATE 2022 zone.
GATE 2022 reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one and allot a city that may not be from any of the choices selected by the candidate.
GATE Online Application Process
GATE 2023 (https://gate.iitk.ac.in) provides an online interface to the candidate for interacting with the GATE administration. With this interface, a candidate can:
• Apply for the examination.
• Upload photograph, signature, other documents, category certificate (SC / ST / PwD), and/ or Dyslexic certificate as applicable.
• Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes.
• Check the Status of the application form: Received, under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admit Card ready for download etc.
• Download Admit Card.
• View answers, marks and GATE score.
• Download GATE scorecard.
Registration: A candidate must first register by providing Full Name (as per the valid photo ID, which candidate MUST bring in original while appearing for GATE 2023 examination at the examination centre), a valid e-mail address, mobile number and by choosing a password. All communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this e-mail address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS) and / or mobile number. Give the personal mobile number and e-mail address because most of the communication will be through e-mail and/or SMS.
Enrolment ID: Each registered candidate will be provided with an Enrolment ID. Upon registration, an e-mail containing the Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate. This Enrolment ID will be the reference ID for all future communication until the examination gets over.
Password: The candidate has to choose a password during Enrolment. This password must be remembered along with the Enrolment ID to login in to your account. It is strongly recommended to choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily identifiable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd). Length of the password should be 8-15 characters. Keep your password information safe, secure and confidential.
Filling in GATE 2023 Application
After due registration, GATE 2023 application must be filled and submitted ONLINE only.
Candidates are discouraged from making application through a third person. If someone else (a friend or Internet café person) is filling out the application on behalf of the candidate, the candidate must ensure that the data submitted are correct.
i) Data Requirement for Filling the Application Form: The following data will be required while filling the online application form:
• Personal information (name, date of birth, mobile number, parent’s name, mobile number, etc.). Please note that the candidate’s name in the application form must be exactly GATE 2023 the same as that in the valid photo ID, which the candidate MUST produce in original while appearing for the GATE 2023 examination at the center. GATE 2023 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form.
Important Dates Related to GATE 2023
|Online Application Process Opens (https://gate.iitk.ac.in )||Tuesday||30th August 2022|
|Closing Date of REGULAR online registration/ application process||Friday||30th September 2022|
|Closing Date of EXTENDED online registration/ application process||Friday||7th October 2022|
|Modifications in GATE 2023 Application||Friday to Friday||4th to 11th November 2022|
|Availability of GATE Admit cards for download||Tuesday||03rd January 2023|
|GATE 2023 Examinations||Saturday & Sunday||04th, 05 th and 11th, 12th February 2023|
|Candidate’s response available in Application portal||Wednesday||15th February 2023|
|Answer keys available on Application portal||Tuesday||21st February 2023|
|Submission of challenges by candidates on Answer Keys||Wednesday to Saturday||22nd to 25th February 2023|
|Announcement of Results for GATE 2023||Thursday||16th March 2023|
|Availability of Score Card for download by candidates||Tuesday||21st March 2023|
Editors Note: GATE Exam 2023 Official notification, GATE Exam 2023 Official exam, GATE Exam 2023 Official exam 2023, GATE Exam 2023 Official GATE Exam 2023 Official Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.