IISER TVM PhD Program Vasanth 2022 Announced – Applications Invited
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph. D. programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) in the Schools of Biological and Chemical Sciences for the session starting from January 2022, i.e., Vasant 2022 semester. Candidates are required to apply through the online portal only.
Department: Chemical Science
- 6.5 CGPA in a 10-point scale (or first-class equivalent) or first-class Master’s degree in relevant areas as declared by the respective University.
- The candidate must have qualified at least one of the following examinations: CSIR-UGC, UGC-NET JRF or GATE, or other relevant national-level examinations as mentioned below, with validity as on 01 January 2022.
- BS-MS students from any of the IISERs/IITs/IISc with CGPA 8 or above on a 10-point scale are exempted from national level eligibility test-related criteria.
Research Areas: Chemical Sciences
- New Methodologies in synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Asymmetric Catalysis and Cross-Coupling reactions
- Sustainable Organic Synthesis: Transition Metal-Based Organometallic Catalysis, Photocatalysis, Metal-Free Coupling Reactions
- Supramolecular Chemistry; Molecular Switches and Machines; Foldamer
- ChemistryMedicinal Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Organic Synthesis, Carbohydrate Chemistry, Supramolecular Chemistry, Methodology Development, Crystal Engineering, Soft Materials
- Main Group Chemistry
- Inorganic Reaction Mechanisms, Catalysis, Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Theoretical and Computational physical chemistry and biological physics Statistical mechanics, Nonlinear dynamics
- Ultrafast Vibrational and Electronic Spectroscopy, Quantum Coherences, Molecular Structure, and Dynamics
- Fuel cell electro-catalysis, platinum-free catalysts for the cathodic reduction of oxygen in polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells
- Photochemistry & photophysics, Hybrid nanomaterials, Light-matter interactions at the nanoscale, Raman Spectroscopy using nanomaterials, Organized surfaces
- Biomaterials, Materials Chemistry, 2D Materials, Biodegradation of Nanomaterials, Nanotoxicology, Drug Delivery, Antimicrobial Coatings, Biomimetics
Chemical Sciences Marks-based shortlisting and online interview.
General Information & Application Procedure:
Applicants should complete the online application form at the URL: http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd
- Only applications complete in all respects would be considered. Do not forget to click the “Submit” button after completing your application.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents online.
- Applicants should provide the Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email addresses of two referees in the application form.
- Applicants belonging to GE/OBC and SC/ST/PH categories are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- and Rs. 250/-, respectively, as a processing fee online at ( https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm )
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with a unique application number.
- Applicants are NOT required to post a hard copy of the application to IISER TVM.
In case of any application-related queries, please contact the Ph. D. Coordinator by email at: email@example.com. Any other mode of communication will not be entertained.
- Mere fulfillment of the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be called for the interview.
- Reservation in admission for the reserved categories will be as per Government of India rules.
- The online application portal opened from 25 November 2021
- The last date for receipt of online applications is 06 December 2021
- Tentative Interview Dates
- Chemical Sciences 16-17 December 2021
- Mode of examination Online Interview
Editors Note: IISER TVM PhD Program Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.