Solvay Chemistry Associate Research Scientist Vacancy – Apply Online
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 24,100 employees in 64 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet plan crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources, and fostering better life.
The Research & Innovation function (R&I) leads Solvay into new growth territories with breakthrough innovation to generate new products, applications, and processes in the field of sustainable chemistry. Partners with the GBUs to deliver more value and leverages the Group’s capabilities to improve competitiveness and create new business opportunities for Solvay and its customers.
Job Title: Associate Research Scientist
Job ID: 14308
Region: Asia Pacific
Job Category: Research & Innovation
Job Type: Regular
Type of Contract: Permanent
Working time: Full-time
Work schedule: Day shift
Eligibility Criteria & Experience:
Masters or Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, Material Science or Physics
Minimum 3 years of industrial experience in Polymer characterization or Material Science field
- Deep understanding of safe work environment protocols
- Demonstrated knowledge of Polymer Microscopy
- In-depth understanding of Polymer processing and characterization
- Report writing and presentation
- Fluency in English for both written and verbal skill
- Polymer extrusion understanding is a plus
- Knowledge of Surface characterization techniques such as contact angle and Profilometer is a plus
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Ensuring full adherence to all safety protocols according to site and company standards
- Polymer characterization by Microscopy, Thermal, Mechanical, and surface techniques.
- Timely delivery of data and communication to stakeholders with conclusion and recommendation
- Propose new ideas and it’s execution
- Taking ownership of the instruments by keeping it in good health and routine maintenance
- Write technical report and presentation to the stakeholders
Editors Note: Solvay Chemistry Associate Research Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.