Colgate Chemistry & Pharma Job Opening – Sr. Associate Scientist
Colgate is looking for Sr. Associate Scientist to join our team of professionals at our Global Technology Centre in Mumbai. In this role you will execute Personal Care / Home Care product development programs for assigned brands/region by partnering with commercial & supply chain teams and by introducing new innovative products which cater to unmet consumer needs, modifications to existing formulae and simplification/harmonization of global bundles for the assigned geography, in compliance to safety standards, defined quality standards, FDA norms, and government regulations.
Additionally, also work on the technology transfer process of new products from lab/pilot scale development to the commercial production phase at plants.
Job Title: Sr. Associate Scientist
Eligibility Criteria: M.Sc.(Organic Chemistry), M.Pharm Pharmaceutics
Desirable: Ph. D in chemistry/ Pharmacy. Specialization in Soap making and Surfactants, Oils & fats is highly desirable. Knowledge and/or experience in product development.
- Industrial experience in formulation development in FMCG or a Pharma company preferably in the development of Oral Care / Personal Care / Home Care Products.
- Should have a Master’s degree with minimum 2 yrs of shown experience in Cosmetic/ Pharma product development with a reputed FMCG/Pharma company.
- Strong analytical ability and result orientation. Experience in preparation of supporting data related to new product launches/ Relaunches to ensure smooth technology transfer to plant.
- Driving Sustainable growth by developing new products to meet consumer/business needs & collaborate with Internal partners within GTC and outside GTC (such as marketing, supply chain, etc).
- Gain expertise in Personal care / Home care fundamentals and independently lead pilot plant activities with a strong focus on EOHS & Quality.
- Develop strong business sense (end-to-end business understanding) by partnering closely with cross-functional teams.
- Constantly see opportunities to improve processes with clear focus improving speed to market for all existing & new products.
- Build formal & informal networks to constantly stay updated with new technology trends and breakthroughs.
- Demonstrate performance management & development process to improve self-performance & capability.
- Execute technology product development projects independently for all existing & new product bundles, from conceptualization to implementation on the ground.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the product portfolio and related regulatory requirements for the assigned geography.
- Initiate and implement new ideas and programs in the spirit of continuous improvement in R&D.
- Lead supplier qualification programs for raw materials & provide the required support to packaging material qualification programs.
- Process Compliance: Ensure 100% compliance to all relevant standards & processes.
- Ensure accurate documentation of processes, test results, and project output.
Job Context & Challenges:
- Execute more complex development projects and/or multiple support projects, develops and selects appropriate methods, tests, and procedures. Also develops and recommends product quality, process, and/or packaging specifications.
- Support funding the growth program of the organization by exploring opportunities to optimize cost through the formula and process optimization as well as identifying new vendors for quality ingredients sourcing at low cost.
- As part of the best place to work, support Quality and EOHS system implementation at India GTC. As a part of Product Development, need to exhibit the ability to innovate with minimal mentorship and execute the programs.
Internal: VPs/GMs, Department/Section Managers, Professional and Technical staff, Peers in other Functions (Primarily Supply chain, Packaging, Regulatory and Marketing)
External: Government/Regulatory officials, Product Vendors/Suppliers
Editors Note: Colgate Chemistry & Pharma Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.