CDFD Research Scholars Program 2021 Announced – Applications Invited
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. Degree. They invite applications from highly motivated candidates for admission to our Research Scholars Program, beginning August / September 2021. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, we especially encourage persons from diverse backgrounds to apply. Those admitted as Research Scholars would be encouraged to register under the Ph.D. program of Manipal Academy of Higher Education or Regional Centre for Biotechnology.
- To be eligible for Admission to the CDFD – RSP – I – 2021, the candidate must have:
A Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture OR MBBS from a recognized University / Institute. Candidates who have appeared for their final semester examination, but are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply.
- Qualified for a Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE / BINC / JEST / UGC – RGNF or any other similar examination with fellowship.
- Candidates having qualified for Project – JRF under the ICMR funded project Scheme [which is only for a period of two years] OR DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree OR DBT JRF NET under DBT – B category list OR LS-NET qualification only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination are NOT eligible to apply.
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing a Ph.D. at CDFD.
- If a candidate’s fellowship result is AWAITED, the candidate can UPDATE the fellowship status preferably before the examination, but positively before the interview.
- Note that having a fellowship is not mandatory for applying for and appearing in the examination, BUT, only candidates with a valid fellowship will be eligible for an interview.
Admission to the CDFD – RSP – I – 2021 will be based on an interview via video conference; the exact dates will be informed along with the list of candidates shortlisted for the interview. The candidates should be available for more than one round of interviews if needed. The shortlist of candidates to appear for these interviews will be prepared by CDFD from:
- Applicants who appear in the ENTRANCE examination that will be conducted jointly by CCMB and CDFD via online mode in the last week of June 2021 (the exact dates will be informed later at the time of issue of Hall tickets / Admit cards) and have applied to CDFD – RSP – I – 2021, (CDFD-LAN Shortlist)
- Applicants who appeared in the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS 2021), which was held on March 7, 2021, and have applied to CDFD – RSP – I – 2021 (CDFD-JGEEBILS Shortlist)
The shortlisting will be based on cut-off scores determined by CDFD.
- As the list of candidates shortlisted for interview will be displayed only in June 2021, candidates who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2021 examination are encouraged to appear for the CCMB/CDFD Joint Entrance Examination to be held via online mode in the last week of June 2021.
- Interviews will be conducted via video conference in July / August 2021; the exact dates will be informed along with the list of candidates shortlisted for the interview.
- CDFD’s Research Scholars Program is a fully residential program. The selected candidates will have to stay on campus.
- Mere fulfillment of the minimum requirements stipulated in the notification would not automatically entitle a person for selection. The decision of CDFD in this regard shall be final. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification.
- The fellowship MUST be valid till the time of joining (August / September 2021).
- Please check this website regularly for updates.
For any queries, please contact: email@example.com
Editors Note: CDFD Research Scholars Program Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.