Integrated PhD. Programme at IISER Berhampur – Applications Invited
Integrated PhD. Programme at IISER Berhampur. IISER Berhampur is offering a highly competitive Integrated PhD (iPhD) programme in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences to bright and highly motivated undergraduate students keen on pursuing a career in the frontier areas of research in basic sciences.
The iPhD programme at IISER Berhampur is a program that combines curricula of Masters and Doctoral degrees into a single integrated programme with an amalgamation of rigorous coursework and high-quality research, eventually culminating in a PhD degree. The students enrolled in iPhD programme will be entitled to get a 2-year MS fellowship and PhD fellowship for a maximum of 5-year.
Department: Chemical Science
Eligibility Criteria: Chemical Sciences Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects where an Honours system is not applicable) in Bachelors or equivalent degree. or 60% marks in the Honours/major subject in aggregate (where such a system is applicable) in Bachelors or equivalent degree.
Subjects/Area: Chemistry (All areas) /Mathematics/ Biological Sciences /Physics / Medical Sciences / Earth and Environmental Sciences/ Environmental Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
Additional Eligibility Criteria: If the scoring system follows a CGPI, the minimum score should be 6.0 on a 10-point scale. JAM (Chemistry) 2021
General Information to the Applicants:
- The candidate MUST have qualified at least ONE of the above-mentioned Additional eligibility criteria specific to a department. The scores/ranks must be valid at the time of admission.
- Reservation and relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST, OBC-NCL, and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to the reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates if selected.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned requirements at the time of admission.
- A provisional degree certificate is mandatory at the time of admission.
- Mere fulfilment of the eligibility criteria does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for a test and/or interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria in order to shortlist candidates for test and/or interviews depending on the number of applications received.
Online application: Only online applications are accepted.
To apply please click here .
Applicants fulfilling the eligibility criteria as stated above will be further shortlisted.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test and/or interview.
Fellowship: All students admitted to the programme will be entitled to fellowship for a maximum of seven years from the beginning of the programme. In the first two years, a student will be supported by an institute fellowship of Rs.12,000/- per month. Following the first two years, a student will enter a Ph.D. programme which will be supported by an institute Ph.D. fellowship of Rs. 31,000/- and will be subject to all guidelines of the Ph.D. programme. The continuation of the fellowship is subject to the maintenance of minimum academic performance according to the programme policies.
Online application: April 28 2021 (start) – June 21, 2021 (last date)
Results of initial screening: June 25, 2021 (tentatively)
Test/interview: July 1-8, 2021 (tentatively)
Editors Note: Integrated PhD. Programme Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.