General Mills Research Scientist Vacancy 2021 – Apply Online
The scientists in the Global Science and Information Analysis Program Area will collaborate with US and India GKS colleagues to deliver high-value acquisition, synthesis, and analysis of primary and secondary information including scientific literature, patent information, consumer and market research that advances key ITQ projects and initiatives.
Location: Powai, Mumbai, India
Department: Research & Development
Req Id: 7075
Job Title: Scientist II – Global Science and Information Analysis – ITQ Global Knowledge Services Function/Group: R&D/Packaging
Country: India Location: Mumbai
Recommended Pay Grade: 50
Job Type: Full time
Role Reports to: Manager
Global Science and Information Analysis Geographical Scope of the Role: Global
Percentage of travel required: Once in 1-2 years to US for few weeks
The Global Knowledge Services (GKS) organization catalyzes the creation, transfer, and application of knowledge to ensure ITQ succeeds at its mission of driving internal and external innovation, developing differentiated technology, and engendering trust through food safety and quality.
Scientist II in this program area is expected to: provide expertise in one or more information domain; partner effectively with worldwide ITQ clients; create impactful research deliverables; and independently manage multiple consulting projects.
20% of Time Client Consultation and Business Partnering
• Work effectively with clients to identify client needs and success criteria and translate into clear project objectives, timelines, and plans.
• Be responsive and timely in sharing project updates, responding to client queries, and delivering on project commitments.
• Clearly communicate analysis, conclusions, and insights, and conclusions to clients using written reports and real-time meetings.
50% of Time Excellent Technical Work
• Develop effective strategies for search and analysis based on client consultations and project briefs.
• Conduct high-quality searches of varied information sources, including web, literature, marketplace, consumer research and patents, to acquire results that are relevant to the client project.
• Provide thoughtful analysis and synthesis of search results that address key project questions.
• Effectively and efficiently use a wide range of information databases and search tools in support of project work.
• Create accurate and clear summary reports and visualizations that convey the required information and insights.
• Develop and maintain a network of external science and technology contacts to leverage in research work. 15% Of
Time Training and mentoring others / providing project leadership
• Developing process documentation, OPLs to support onboarding of new employees
• Provide project guidance to Scientist I as and when needed
• Review peers work and provide feedback
• Provide project leadership as and when needed
of Time Innovation, Continuous Improvement (CI), and Personal Development
• Learn and apply a CI mindset to work, seeking opportunities for improvements in efficiency and client value.
• Identify new resources, develop new methods, and seek external inspiration to drive innovations in our work processes.
• Continually build skills and knowledge in the fields of information research and the relevant sciences.
5% of Time Administration
• Participate in all required training (Safety, HR, Finance, CI, other) and actively support GSIA, GKS, and ITQ meetings, events and activities.
• Complete other administrative tasks as required.
Minimum Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Degree Requirements: Masters
Preferred Major Area of Study: chemistry, chemical engineering, or related scientific or interdisciplinary science field.
Required Professional Certifications: None
Preferred Professional Certifications: None
Minimum years of related experience required: Three
Preferred years of related experience: Six
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
For the Global Science and Information Analysis Program Area:
• Ability to communicate with other researchers both within General Mills and outside General Mills.
• Experience in reviewing, interpreting, and summarizing scientific literature and knowledge of literature databases.
• An understanding of the basics of the patent field, and a working knowledge of patent databases and associated search tools.
• Ability to find, assimilate, synthesize, and communicate scientific and technical knowledge, including patents.
• Effective communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills; clear articulation of views in written and verbal discussions.
For Global Knowledge Services:
• Ability to effectively work cross-functionally with internal/global team members.
• High self-motivation, with the ability to work both independently and in teams.
• Excels at driving projects to completion, with attention to detail.
• Ability to exercise judgment in handling confidential and proprietary information.
• Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, and execute tasks according to a plan. Able to work on multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, ability to “think outside the box”.
• Good command of English language.
Competencies/Behaviors required for job
Click here to view Global ITQ functional competencies
Additional Information (Please describe as clearly and concisely as possible any additional information that would be important to understand fully the role, responsibilities, nature, and scope of the job.)
Editors Note: General Mills Research Scientist Vacancy Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.