Bose Institute Announces PhD Program For Chemical Science Students
The Institute desires to admit students for its Ph.D. program twice a year, for sessions
beginning tentatively in January and July. Online interviews for this session will be held tentatively during 1st week of April 2021.
Broad areas of research: Atmospheric Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Interdisciplinary Sciences.
• Candidates can apply simultaneously to a maximum of two positions as mentioned in
Annexure – I.
• Candidates are required to provide a Statement of Purpose (SOP), in the prescribed format,
for each of the positions, she/he applies for.
Fellowship: Admissible as per the Govt. of India rules.
Reservation: The reservation quota will have adhered to the standard GoI rules.
Eligibility for Ph.D. Interview:
(1) Candidates should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST INSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent), whose last date of validity should not be earlier than 1st July 2021. Candidates, who are in the final year of their Master’s degree and are in possession of an award of a JRF, if selected, will have to submit their final degree certificate at the time of joining.
(2) Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: Engineering/ Science/ Technology with at least 55 %of marks for general, while for SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer) / Differently abled and other categories 50% marks is necessary
(3) Age limit: 28 years as on the day of application and relaxation of age is applicable as per Government of India rule.
(4) DST-INSPIRE candidates can only be admitted provisionally. Confirmation of their admission to the PhD programme of Bose Institute is subject to the final award of INSPIRE fellowship by DST. Subsequently, in case, the candidate is not finally awarded the INSPIRE fellowship by DST, his/her provisional admission is liable to be cancelled by the Institute.
(6) Candidates who have qualified in GATE/ JEST/ JGEEBILS/ NET (LS) etc. but who do not have a valid award of JRF mentioned in (1) above or equivalent are ineligible to apply.
Registration for Ph.D. Interview:
• Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility should register online at the URL –
Deadline for online Registration: 6 PM of February 28, 2021
• An online acknowledgment receipt will be generated on successful registration.
Candidates should retain this receipt for future reference. Candidates must produce this
acknowledgment receipt for the interview. No candidates will be entertained for an interview without this receipt.
Shortlisting for Interview:
• A shortlisting will be done based on 50% weightage on past academic records and 50%
weightage on SOP.
• List of shortlisted candidates, along with the date and time of interview will be displayed at the Institute website
Note: Candidates applying for more than one discipline may be called for separate
interviews. PhD interview:
• The interview will be conducted online. Specific instructions for the interview will be
communicated to the candidates at a later date.
• The medium of the interviews is English.
Shortlist and selection:
• The shortlist of candidates selected for the interviews, will be posted on the Institute website.
• It should be noted that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission.
• Once the shortlist of candidates is posted on the Institute website, information on the future course of action and the timelines thereof, will be mentioned on the Institute website or will be communicated to the candidates.
• The Institute Authority reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.
• Last Date for Online Registration: 18:00 hrs. February 28, 2021
• Date of display of short-listed candidates and instructions on the Institute website:
March 20, 2021
• Tentative date of interview: 1st week of April 2021. The final dates of the interview will be
confirmed when the list of short-listed candidates is displayed on the BI website.
View Main Notification
Editors Note: Bose Institute Announces PhD Subscribe to Rasayanika for the latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Telegram and subscribe to our youtube channel for the latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.