IIT Bhilai Chemistry Vacancy 2020 – Applications Invited
Chemistry job opening at IIT Bhilai. Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the position of Project Associate in a SERB funded research project with the following details:
Project Title: Total Synthesis of Calyciphylline A-type alkaloids: A Scaffold Diversity Approach.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Ganapathy D., Assistant Professor, Room 3 12, Department of Chemistry, 11T Bhilai, GEC Campus, Sejbahar, Raipur, Chhattisgarh- 492015 (+91-7712551300 (extn: 6158); email: web: htt s://www.iitbhilai.ac.in/index. h ? id= ana ath
Name of the position: Project Associate
Number of Positions: 01
Essential qualifications: M.Sc. in Chemistry from a recognized institute/university or statutory body OR equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5-grade points on a scale of 10). For SC/ST category, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate score (6.0-grade points on a scale of 10). The candidate must have valid GATE/ CSIR-UGC NET.
Desirable: Preference will be given to candidates having experience relevant to the project.
Candidates with expertise in the followings are strongly encouraged to apply:
l) Organic Synthesis and purification of organic compounds.
2) Characterization techniques such as NMR, IR, Mass spectrometry, 3) Good communication skills and problem-solving capability.
Age limit: 28 Years or as per the guidelines of SERB-DST.
Salary: Consolidated salary Rs. 35,960/- per month
Duration: One year or up to the termination of the project, subject to a six-month performance review.
How to Apply: Interested candidates must apply to the ‘application form’ attached to this advertisement. Duly completed ‘application form’ along with candidate’s detailed CV must be mailed or emailed to the PI, Dr Ganapathy De, at [email protected] so as to reach him by Friday, 27th November 2020. Applications without the ‘application form’ shall not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview (via online mode). The positions are available immediately.
Terms & Conditions:
- No TA/DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview ii. The PI shall not be responsible for postal/courier delay if any, or any other reason for nonreceipt of the document at the specified time and will result in disqualification/rejection of the application.
- If the number of shortlisted candidates called for the interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Institute/ funding agency particularly applicable to the said project as and when required.
- The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.
Due date: The application must reach the PI, Dr. Ganapathy D., by Friday, 27th November 2020 (on or before 5.00 pm).
Editors Note: IIT Bhilai Chemistry Vacancy Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.