IISER Pune Research Fellow Vacancy – Applications Invited
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous
Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country. Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having the excellent academic record for the JRF position purely on temporary and contractual basis under the funded project:
Job Title: Project Assistant / Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow)
Number of posts 01(One)
Project Title: “Combination of Scandium triflate and diverse propargyl α-aryl-α diazoacetates as novel catalyst-reagent system for the direct asymmetric site-selective C-H bond functionalization-An easy access to bioactive compounds”
Project Code 30119462
Funding Agency Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB)-Department of Science & Technology (DST)
Minimum Educational Qualifications
M.Sc. in Chemistry or equivalent qualification with minimum 55% marks/equivalent grade.
Preference Candidates with research experience in the field of organic synthesis and catalysis are highly preferable.
Tenure of the appointment Initially for a period of six months further extendable
subject to satisfactory performance of incumbent and
continuation of project
1) Project Assistant – Rs.19,840/- + 24% HRA per month
2) Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow) – Rs. 31,000/- + 24
Age Not more than 35 years as on the last date of application
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested candidates should send their applications by email in the prescribed format
available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to
[email protected] on or before November 15, 2020. Please mention
“Advt No. 45/2020” and “Project Assistant / Project Fellow (Junior Research
Fellow)” in the subject line of the email.
- List of shortlisted candidates for the selection process (online interview via video platform) with details of date & time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and the shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only. Therefore, please mention the active Mobile Number and Email ID in the application form.
- Recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other
testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected and verified
at an appropriate stage.
General Information/details about the post
1. The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice
or compensation on termination of the project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding
Agency or in IISER Pune.
3. The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the
respective funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities /
5. The prescribed educational qualification is the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for the selection process. Where a number of
applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient
or possible to carry out the selection process for all the candidates. Based on the
recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the
number of candidates to be called for the selection process to a reasonable limit after
taking into consideration qualification/s and experience/s over and above the minimum
prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to
mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. Age relaxation commensurate with experience of the applicant may be considered with
the prior approval of the competent authority.
7. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
8. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained
on the matter.
9. Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be
treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
Last date of application November 15, 2020
View Mai Notification
Editors Note: IISER Pune Research Fellow Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.