Bombardier Fire Safety Engineer – Chemical Engineering Job
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Job Title: Fire Safety Engineer
Primary Location: IN-TL-Hyderabad
Employee Status: Regular
Job Segment: Safety Engineer, Safety, Engineer, Construction, Project Engineer, Engineering, Service
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering in Chemical preferred.
- Min 3 years of experience required.
- Strong understanding of materials and material properties. Familiarity with EN45545 and NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) codes, and /or European TSI’s would be beneficial.
Purpose of the job
- The role of the Fire Safety Engineer is a life safety critical discipline mainly concentrating on the properties and fire performance of the construction and materials that form a rail system. As the Fire Safety Engineer, you will be responsible for the overall system fire safety design, which includes, but is not limited to, material compliance, interface with detection and alarm/warning systems, manual or automatic fire suppression systems, emergency lighting systems, means of escape and egress provisions, escape route or exit door widths, places of safety and occupancy levels to ensure fire safety legislative requirements are met.
- The Fire Safety Engineer will coordinate and complete fire safety work in projects and for Bombardier products. The tasks involved include interpretation of legislation, evaluation of materials and products to ensure compliance to relevant legislation, including Bombardier and customer requirements, completion of material validation and reporting, participate in project engineering design reviews and promote the fire safety performance of Bombardier’s products.
- Manage and lead the design, assessment, and selection of materials in engineering.
- Prepare process documents in support of bids and projects.
- Review and comment on vendor and internal documents, drawings, test procedures, and reports.
- Prepare, coordinate, and participate in testing activities for system components. Witness vendor tests. Prepare reports for Fire Safety functions.
- Work with the Fire Safety CoE to promote Fire Safety applications across all Divisions throughout the design process. Represent Bombardier in front of our Customers.
Last Date To Apply: 07.10.2020, 11:59:00 PM
Editors Note: Bombardier Fire Safety Engineer Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.