BITS Pilani Recruitment – Chemistry Research Fellow Vacancy
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work on the project sponsored by DST-SERB (SRG/2019/00336) under supervision of Dr. Bhanu Vardhan Reddy Kuncharam, at Department of Chemical Engineering, BITS-Pilani- Pilani campus, Rajasthan. The details are as follows:
Project Title Assessment of Mixed-Matrix membrane system for CO2 separation for up-gradation of Biogas to Bio-Compressed Natural Gas (Bio-CNG).
Principal Investigator Dr. Bhanu Vardhan Reddy Kuncharam
- Biomass can be used to produce biogas which mostly contains CH4, but it also contains impurities such as CO2 and H2S. Biogas can be used for direct heating, natural gas substitute, transportation fuel, or can be reformed to produce hydrogen for use in Fuel cells. However, CO2 and H2S in biogas can cause corrosion in pipes of transportation of
biogas or if biogas is directly used as fuel in engines.
- The upgradation, i.e. removal of CO and H2S is required for biogas to be converted to Bio-CNG. This removal can be performed using traditional separation techniques such as absorption, adsorption or pressure swing adsorption.
- But these techniques are energy-intensive, not portable and
cannot be used under harsh biogas conditions. Membrane systems offer an alternative to
these conventional systems using a membrane material capable of separating CO and H2S.
- However, the challenge in membrane systems is to obtain high permeability and high
selectivity for deployment in commercial settings. The proposed topic will test various
membranes such as Mixed-Matrix Membranes for CO2 separation and upgrade raw
biogas to Bio-CNG.
Fellowship Rs. 31,000/- per month (as per SERB and Institute guidelines)
Project Duration 18 Months
Essential Qualifications M.E./M.Tech. with at least 60% marks in Chemical Engineering/Material Science/Environmental Engineering/Nano Technology or relevant area
M.Sc Chemistry with 60% marks (with only NET qualifications or with research
the experience will be considered.)
Desirable Qualifications Gate or UGC-NET qualification.
• Interested and eligible candidates can send their current resume or C.V. and a cover letter with details about
educational qualifications, research experience and other relevant details to Principal Investigator (PI) at [email protected] with the subject “Application for JRF position”.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be informed through email and called for interview through Video conference (skype or google meet) or at Chemical Engineering Department, BITS, Pilani, Pilani Campus, Rajasthan.
1. For any queries regarding position, please feel free to email the PI.
2. The selected candidate will be encouraged to join the PhD program of BITS, Pilani as per institute rules.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Application Deadline 28/09/2020
Tentative Interview Date 01/10/2020
Expected Joining Date 10/10/2020
View Main Notification
Editors Note: BITS Pilani Recruitment Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.