IISER Tirupati Project Associate Job Opening – Application Details
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati is an Institute of National Importance under Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following position on contract basis:
Name of the Post Project Associate – I
Name of the project Development of an electrospray-ionization based ion-trap setup for
first measurements of absolute photodetachment cross-sections of
molecular anions of biological relevance
Description: The project involves the development of an experimental setup that will be used for performing various experiments using atomic/molecular systems relevant to biophysics in gas-phase.
For more information see http://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/people/faculty/sunil.php
Funding Agency SERB, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
Principal Investigator Dr. Sunil Kumar S.
Project Code 30218029
Minimum qualifications Essential:
M.Sc. in Chemistry (specialization in Physical Chemistry) or an equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks / equivalent grade
A valid CSIR-UGC NET (including LS) score in Physics OR a valid GATE score in Physics OR selection through national level examinations conducted by the central government
institutions (IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.). Candidates having a good understanding of quantum mechanics and atomic & molecular physics, experience in vacuum technology, laboratory
electrical equipment, and electronics.
Fellowship Rs. 31,000 + 8% HRA per month (Consolidated)
No. of post One (1)
Tenure The position is temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance. The position is co-terminus with the project.
How to Apply:
1. Applicants should send their application by email addressed to [email protected] attaching duly filled application form available below this advt. (converted into PDF) on or before the last date i.e., August 27, 2020, by 5.00 p.m. Please mention the name of the Post and Project Code in the subject line. No other application form will be accepted.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by email for an interview.
3. The print-out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. would be collected at the time of interview. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for verification, along with one set of photocopies.
GENERAL INFORMATION / DETAILS ABOUT THE POST
1. The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency
or in IISER Tirupati.
3. Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities /
5. The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of
the same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
7. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
8. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on
9. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
10.The candidate selected for this position can also apply for the regular PhD program of IISER Tirupati, provided they satisfy eligibility criteria
Last date 5.00 p.m. on August 27, 2020
View Main Notification
Editors Note: IISER Tirupati Project Associate Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.