Chemistry Research Admission Announced 2020 @ IIT Palakkad
Chemistry Research Admission Announced Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad invites chemistry candidates for M.S. (Research) and PhD programmes for the August 2020 semester. PhD Programme announced by Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad. Interested and eligible candidates may check out all the details on the same below:
Applications are invited for admission to the M.S. (Research) and PhD programmes for the August 2020 semester, as per details given in the information brochure. You can submit your application at this portal from March 28, 2020, to April 30, 2020.
The Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad (IIT Palakkad) established as an autonomous institute of national importance in 2015 by the Government of India as one of the third generation IITs. IIT Palakkad conducts the undergraduate academic program of B. Tech and research programs leading to M.S and Ph. D in various disciplines. Presently the programs are conducted one half in the temporary campus of Ahalia International Foundation and the other half in the transit facilities at the permanent campus site at Pudussery which is about 7km from Palakkad in the Palakkad-Coimbatore high way. The scenically charming sprawling permanent campus is now being developed into an excellent and modern technological campus. As of now, the Institute is proud of fast growth in terms of the very qualified and committed faculty and staff, well-equipped laboratories, excellent computing infrastructure, well-stacked library and a brilliant student community. The Post-Graduate programs of M.Sc. and M.Tech are beginning from the academic year 2019-20.
Research Area: Chemistry
- Biophysical chemistry and molecular dynamics simulations, Mechano-chemistry,
Equilibrium and non-equilibrium statistical mechanics of soft matter, Structure and
dynamics of polymers and supramolecules, Nanostructures for biomedicine, Materials
chemistry and heterogeneous catalysis, Organic macromolecules -Design, synthesis
and applications, Chemical biology and bio-organic chemistry, Experimental
biophysical chemistry and fluorescence spectroscopy.
- Research facilities to carry out both theoretical and experimental work are available.A
High-Performance Computing Cluster (HPC) consisting of 64 compute nodes, each
having a dual 12- core Intel processor running at 2.2 GHz with 4 GB of RAM per core is
available for faculty, research staff and students at IIT Palakkad to investigate
complex research problems in science and engineering.
- A well-equipped chemical
synthesis lab is available for research in experimental chemistry. Analytical facilities
include chromatography and spectroscopy equipment such as HPLC, LCMS, TGDTA-MS, Bench-top NMR, FT-IR, Chemisorption, UV-vis and fluorescence
- In addition to this, major research equipment such as X-ray diffractometer, Raman spectrophotometer and an electron microscope will be installed very soon at the Central Instrumentation Facility of IIT Palakkad.
PhD. In Sciences
Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and having a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant area. Master’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology are also eligible. Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) 1 with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to PhD in Sciences provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8/10 (7.5/10 for OBC-NCL and 7/10 for SC/ST/PwD
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted from March 28, 2020, 10 am to April 30, 2020, 5 pm IST.
- Kindly read the Information Brochure carefully to make sure that you are eligible for the program and to identify the disciplines which match your areas of interest. You can apply to at most two disciplines.
- Click on Create a new account on the sidebar in this portal. Enter a valid email address and a username to create a new account.
- A welcome message with login instructions will be sent the email address entered above.
Please check the spam folder, in case you do not see the mail in your inbox.
- The link in the welcome mail can only be used once to log in and will lead you to a page where you can set your password. After setting your password, you will be able to log in at this portal using your username and password.
- Log in to this portal.
- In order to complete the application form, you will need a soft-copy of a recent passport type photograph.
- Select the program to which you wish to apply from the Start a New Application link on the right side.
- Fill the application form carefully. After filling all the details, preview the application once and then submit it.
- You will be directed to a page from where you can pay the application fee. Please read the Online Payment Help. Your application will be only processed only if you fill all the required data, make the payment, enter the CCAvenue reference number that you obtained on your email/SMS to the application form, and click Submit Application once more. Applications remaining incomplete till the closing day will be automatically deleted by the system.
- You can make minor changes to the submitted applications before the closing date using the My Applications link in the Applicant Menu on the right. But after making any change(s), you will have to go to to the last page and click on “Submit Application” once more for the change(s) to be submitted. No changes will be allowed after the closing date.
- List of candidates shortlisted for Test/Interview will be published in this portal on June 1 to June 20, 2020.
Last Date To Apply: 30th April 2020
Editor’s Note: Chemistry Research Admission Announced Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.