Bose Institute PhD Admissions 2020 Chemical Sciences
The Institute recruits students to its PhD programme twice a year, for sessions beginning
tentatively in January and July. Interviews for the session beginning tentatively in July 2020 will be held during April 1- 7, 2020 from 10:30 onwards at the Centenary campus of Bose Institute, Kankurgachi, P-1/12, C.I.T. Scheme VII M, Kolkata 700054.
The notification for the Bose Institute Admissions for PhD Programmes has been released Bose Institute Admissions PhD Programme – Applications Invited. Candidates with a background in chemistry are eligible. Check details below:
Broad areas of research: Chemical
• Candidates can apply simultaneously to more than one research area mentioned above.
• Interviews for every research area will be held on a separate day.
Fellowship: Admissible as per Govt. of India rules
Eligibility for PhD Interview:
(1) Candidates should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DSTINSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent). It should be valid at the time of admission.
(2) Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences or equivalent with the percentage of marks and timelines which should satisfy the criteria of JRF award in (1) at the time of joining.
(3) Candidates who are in the final year of their Master’s degree and in possession of an award of a JRF could also be admitted provisionally, subject to the prevalent JRF rules as well as their:
(a) Submitting evidence of the successful completion of their Master’s degree, within six
months of joining the PhD programme.
(b) Award of JRF should be valid on the date of submission of their Master’s degree.
(4) Age limit: 28 years as on the day of application and relaxable in case of SC/ST/OBC/Women
candidates as per Govt. Rules.
(5) DST-INSPIRE candidates can only be admitted provisionally. Confirmation of their admission to the PhD programme of Bose Institute is subject to the final award of INSPIRE fellowship by DST. In case, they are not finally awarded the INSPIRE fellowship by DST, their provisional admission is liable to be cancelled by the Institute.
Registration for PhD Interview:
• Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility should register online at the URL –
– Deadline for online Registration: 6 PM of March 24th, 2020
– In case of any difficulty during online registration, please email [email protected]
• An online acknowledgement receipt will be generated on successful registration.
• Candidates must produce this acknowledgement receipt for the interview. No candidates
will be entertained for interview without this receipt.
• The medium of the interviews is English.
• A list of candidates eligible for the Interview will be posted on the Institute website well
before the interview. It will contain names of candidates and the date and time on which
they need to appear for a given research area.
• If eligible, candidates can be asked to appear for more than one research area.
• Eligible candidates should report at the time and venue mentioned, for every research area.
• Outstation candidates who are found eligible for more than one research area should be
prepared to stay in Kolkata for a few days, depending on the areas they apply to.
• Candidates should bring photocopies of all original documents (testimonials, marksheets,
award letter, etc.) at the time of interview.
• It must be especially noted that if selected, all originals (award letter, degrees, marksheets,
etc.) must be produced during admission, else offer of admission will stand cancelled.
• Candidates will have to fill up a form at the reporting desk, where they will need to specify
their choice of research areas mentioned above.
• No TA/DA is admissible for appearing at the interview.
Shortlist and selection:
• The shortlist of candidates selected at the interviews, will be posted on the Institute website.
• It should be especially noted that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission.
• Once the shortlist of candidates is posted on the Institute website, information on the future course of action and the timelines thereof, will be mentioned on the Institute website or will be communicated to the candidates through e-mail or phone
Deadline for online Registration: 6 PM on March 24th, 2020
View Main Notification
Editor’s Note: Bose Institute PhD Admissions Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.