IISER Kolkata PhD Admission 2020 – Chemical Science
IISER Kolkata invites applications from motivated students for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme for the Autumn 2020. The selected candidates can do a Ph.D. in any of the following disciplines: Chemical Sciences. Check out all the details on the same below:
Department of Chemical Sciences (DCS) at IISER Kolkata invites applications for regular PhD programme in the Autumn semester, 2020 in the disciplines of inorganic, organic, physical and theoretical chemistry.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria: Bright and motivated candidates who have passed M.Sc. examination with minimum 55% marks in any field of Chemistry or Physics. Besides satisfying minimal eligibility criteria, the candidates must have CSIR/UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship or other equivalent fellowships
- Candidates with INSPIRE fellowship should have a provisional certificate at the time of application.
- Please note that fulfilling the minimum essential criteria does not ensure that a candidate will be called for the interview. Additional shortlisting criteria might be set by the department based on academic records, experience and research interest of the candidates. Candidates without the CSIR/UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship or other equivalent fellowships will not be shortlisted or called for interview.
- Reservations for SC/ST/OBC candidates are applicable as per Government of India rules.
How to apply for Admission at IISER Kolkata:
1. Please have your picture (soft copy, preferably in JPG or PNG format) ready.
2. Please read the department wise eligibility criteria carefully.
3. The applicants should open the link (http://apply.iiserkol.ac.in/application) and properly fill the application form as instructed. The form can be opened and edited/corrected until the last date.
4. You must complete your application, incomplete application will be rejected.
5. Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take the printout after you finish and bring the signed copy at the time of interview if you are shortlisted.
6. Download the Recommendation Letter, bring this document at the time of interview. Recommendation should be in a sealed envelop.
- Selected candidates for test/interview should bring a hard copy of application along with the required documents listed below at the time of test/interview:
- Attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of all examinations starting from high school leaving certificate, two letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes), photo identity and proof of age.
- List of shortlisted candidates (based on merit, subject specialization and required research area) for interview will be published in the IISER-Kolkata website.
- The Institute will not provide any TA/DA or accommodation for attending the interview.
- The selected candidates will receive the offer letter containing also the last date for joining shortly after the interview.
Course Work and Laboratory rotation:
The Research fellows may have to do course work and laboratory rotations during first semester depending on which Department they join. The course content will be decided by the Department concerned for each student according to his / her need.
Note: Eligible applicants of the PhD programme are encouraged to apply for the attractive Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (https://pmrf.in/) in addition to applying to IISER Kolkata regular admission. Dept. of Chemical Sciences – dcs.phd.application
- PhD application portal opens: 03.02.2020
- Application portal closes: 24.02.2020
- Publication of shortlist for interview: 28.02.2020
- Tentative Interview dates: 09 to 21 March 2020
- Publication of PhD interview results: 31.03.2020
- Preregistration portal opens: 01.04.2020
- Preregistration deadline: 31.05.2020
- PhD Registration: 29.07.2020
Editor’s Note: PhD Admission Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings, follow us on Facebook and Whatsapp and subscribe to our youtube channel for latest updates on chemistry and Pharma jobs and much more.