BITS Pilani PhD Admissions 2020 – Application Details
BITS Pilani PhD Admissions. Admission to the PhD programme for the second semester, the academic year 2019-20 is now open. Applications are invited for second-semester admissions to the PhD programme Full-time and Part-time starting January 2020 in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS Pilani. BITS Pilani PhD Admissions official Notification released. Check out all the details on the same below:
Eligibility Criteria for Candidates to Apply for BITS Pilani PhD Admissions
- M.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
- M.Sc./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
- Meeting the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission into the PhD programme. In addition, Departments may set specific admission criteria for shortlisting. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an admission test, which may comprise of a written exam and/or interview. Candidates admitted with qualifications like M.Sc., B.Pharm. etc. will be required to do course work on admission to the programme.
- Full-time PhD students admitted into the PhD programme are eligible to be
considered for an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000/- or 31,000/- per month
in the first year based on their intake qualifications.
- Students admitted with M.Pharm. or a Degree equivalent to the Higher Degree of BITS Pilani is eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/-.
- Students admitted with M.Sc., B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree is eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000/-. These students on successful completion of coursework will receive Rs. 31,000/- from the Semester following the one in which the course work is completed.
- The higher fellowship will be made available in subsequent years. Consideration
for Institute fellowship will be as per Institute norms. It will be obligatory on
the part of every admitted Full-time student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per
week) of work as assigned to him/her by the institute.
Procedure for Filling Application Form for BITS Pilani PhD Admissions Programme:
- The Admission portal to apply online opens on 9 h November 2019.
- Interested and eligible candidates should apply through the prescribed application
form available online at https://www.bitsadmission.com/phd/index.aspx. Hard copy of the application form is not required to be sent. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled form and retain it for further reference.
- Candidates will need to register online prior to filling the application form. A registered mobile number and email ID will be required to generate a username
and password essential for filling the application form.
- While filling the application form online, candidates are required to give preferences of the campus or campuses to which they wish to apply for. Please refer to Department openings with regard to Full and Part-time student admission
prior to filling the application form.
- The completed application form along with the prescribed application fee should
be submitted online before the given deadline. Detail on modes of Fee Payment
will be available while applying online. Campus preference and priority cannot be
changed once the application form is submitted.
- Deadline for submission of the completed application form online is 5.00P.M. on
9 th December 2019.
- An application fee of Rs. 2400/- is payable at the time of submission of the online
- A candidate can submit only one application form for PhD admission. However, if
a candidate discovers any mistake in the form to be submitted by him, there will
be an edit option which will be made available before the final submission of the
application form, which he/she can make use of to incorporate necessary changes. This option will be available only till the deadline for submission of the form, i.e. 5.00 P.M. on 9th December 2019.
|Admission Portal Open||9th November 2019|
|Last Date for filling application form online||9th December 2019 (5.00 PM)|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidates (on BITS admission website)||20th December 2019|
|Test/Interview||3rd January 2020|
|Announcement of admission offers to PhD Programmes (on BITS admission website)||7th January 2020|
|Reporting of selected students in respective campus||13th January 2020|
|Registration||14th January 2020|
Note: All notices/shortlists will be put on admission website https://www.bitsadmission.com/phd/index.aspx. Candidates are advised to check
this website regularly. No written communication will be sent to candidates.
View Main Notification
Editor’s Note: BITS Pilani PhD Admissions, Admission 2020, Chemistry admissions 2020. Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates. Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings.