Chemistry Technical Service & Development Technician at Dow
Chemistry Technical Service & Development Technician. Dow invites postgraduates chemistry candidates for the post of the technician. Interested and eli8gible candidates may apply online. Check out all the details on the same below:
Position: Technical Service & Development Technician
Schedule: Full time
Job Number: R2002112
- Should be a post-graduate in Chemistry or Polymer science (Bachelor)
- Should have a minimum of 1-4 years’ experience working in lab handling equipment / similar background
- Should have computer literacy and needs good communication skills in English (written and oral)
- Be committed to work as a team member
- Should follow safe work practices and should always use PPE’s
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Manages and then safely execute laboratory work requests, maintaining and running relevant laboratory apparatus and testing equipment and documenting data.
- Accurately and reliably records readings and observations using relevant equipment and instruments.
- Acts responsible for calibration, safe operation, and routine maintenance of simple and moderately complex instruments or machinery, and troubleshoots faulty equipment effects repairs or initiates repair processes as appropriate.
- Maintains inventories of consumable materials, chemicals, and supplies related to activities by anticipating usage rates, order lead times, and ordering/purchasing procedures.
- Promptly and effectively communicates issues to Technology Leader or lead scientists in order to enable or accelerate problem resolution.
- Actively participate in work group team meetings to address safety, process improvement, problem-solving, and other workgroup, department, and functional topics.
- As a Technical Service and Development Technician, you are responible for:
- Carrying out tests on project samples for various skill based testing. This testing also includes handling of the tensile testing machine, the two part equipment and other related testing equipment.
- We expect you to follow the system based requirements such as updating the sample requests in the system and enter the test results in the system on a regular basis.
Maintaining of records of samples received and update the status periodically on testing
- Maintaining project tested samples with proper identification and traceability
- Accuracy in testing and results
- Maintaining the test equipment and surrounding area neat and clean before and after testing
- Analyzing the test results of various substrates and make periodic summary reports
- Also willing to visit customers in India and support them with issues to application, trouble-shooting and complaints
Editor’s Note: Chemistry Technical Service, Msc jobs, Chemical science job opening 2019, Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job openings 2019. Follow us on Facebook for latest updates.