Govt Dept. of Space Chemistry Research Fellow & Associate Recruitment
Govt Dept. of Space Chemistry. Applications are invited for following positions of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram. VSSC is one of the lead centres of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). MSc Chemistry job opening 2019. Interested and eligible candidates may apply online. Check out all the details on the same below:
Position No: JRF-S1921
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow
No.of posts: 06
Eligibility: M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks (average of all semesters) or CGPA / CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equivalent.
1. Synthesis and characterization of Boron Nitride nanostructures
2. Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of energetic room temperature ionisable fuels.
3.Investigations on Re-mendable high-performance polymer matrices.
4. Energetic binders and plasticizers for high-performance propellants
5. Studies on Modification of Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMCs) to improve electromagnetic “shielding” & absorbing” properties
6. Investigation on the Polymer derived ternary carbides and nitrides for high-temperature applications
Job Title: Research Associate
Position No: RA-1923
No.of posts: 01
Elgibility: Ph.D. in Chemistry. Their Ph.D. work should have been carried out in Electro Catalysts / Fuel Cells / Electrolysers.
Research: Development of next-generation 20kw fuel cell
1. The above vacancies may vary depending upon the actual requirement.
2. The Centre reserves the right not to fill up any of the positions if it so decides.
1. The applicants for JRF positions should also have qualified one of the following tests and the year of qualification and score have to be furnished in the online application.
i. CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test, including NET-Lectureship.
ii. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by MHRD.
iii. Joint Admission Test (JAM) conducted by MHRD.
iv. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)
02. For all Engineering disciplines, GATE qualification is mandatory.
03. The positions are temporary and for a specific duration.
04. THOSE WHO POSSESS THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AS ON THE LAST DATE OF APPLICATION ONLY NEED TO APPLY.
05. AGE LIMIT (as on 30.10.2019).Minimum age is 18 years for all positions.
07. The Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) carries an amount of `31,000 per month with a possibility to be increased to `35,000/- as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) after two years, on successful completion and review of research work of the previous two years by a review committee. In addition, the research fellows (JRFs / RAs) will be entitled for HRA as admissible. However, they will not be entitled to Dearness Allowance (DA).
08. The selected JRFs are encouraged to register for higher studies.
09. The Organisation provides medical facilities (Contributory Health Service Scheme) for self, free transport facilities, subsidised canteen facilitiesetc..The Centre has a well-stocked Library that provides an excellent opportunity for professional development.
10. At present, the place of posting is VSSC, Thiruvananthapuram, but the selected candidates are liable to be posted in any of the Centres / Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required.
11. Candidates will have to produce the proof of the details furnished in their applications submitted on-line as and when required.
12. Selection Process : The selection of JRF& RA will be based on the performance in the interview. Initial screening of applications will be conducted to short-list meritorious candidates for interview. The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for interview. The interview will be scheduled at VSSC, Thiruvananthapuram. The call letter for interview will be sent to the short-listed candidates by e-mail. The result of the interview will be announced at the VSSC website subsequently.
13. Candidates applying for JRF positions with multiple research fields may note that if selected, allocation of research field will be decided by the Centre.
14. At the time of interview the candidates are required to produce original documents of the following:
1) Originals of all certificates, mark sheets, Ph.D. degree in proof of educational qualification[Equivalency Certificate in case of foreign Degree], proof of work experience, age etc.
2) No Objection Certificate, from the employer concerned in respect of those applicants who are employed under Central / State Government / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies.
JRF: Rs 31,000/-
RA: Rs 47,000/-
15. Research Associate [RA] :
a) The Research Associateship is initially for a period of ONE YEAR and is renewable annually for a total period of two years (three years in exceptional cases). There will be a review of the progress of the work before the renewal every year and the remuneration will be fixed at `49,000/`54,000 for the 2nd and 3rd year respectively.
b) Candidates should submit a research proposal (not exceeding 2000 words) on the work they intend to carry out at VSSC in the research field mentioned in the advertisement with the application.
c) All eligible candidates for RA are requested to submit the application along with the following documents only by email to <[email protected]>:
1) Scanned copy of the Application in the prescribed format attached.
2) Abstract of Ph.D. thesis
3) List of Publications
4) Research proposal (maximum of 2000 words) on the Research Field indicated.
5) Detailed Bio-data
6) Scanned copy of the certificates in proof of educational qualifications, age, work experience etc.
16. Only Indian Nationals need apply.
17. No interim correspondence will be entertained.
18. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
19. Candidates working under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous bodies etc. should submit their application through proper channel or submit ‘No objection certificate’ at the time of interview.
20. Candidates possessing Degrees awarded by foreign universities should produce the equivalency certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, at the time of interview.
21. Applications submitted without complete information, photo, signature etc. will be summarily rejected.
HOW TO APPLY :
1) Applications for the position of JRF-E1901 to JRF- S1922 will be received through on-line only and for RA-1923 to RA-1925, applications in prescribed format along with required documents to be sent to email <[email protected]> and all further communications will be made to the applicants through e-mail/VSSC website only. Therefore, the applicants are advised to check their e-mail and visit the VSSC website from time to time. Submission of on-line applications in the website http://www.vssc.gov.in will be open from1000 hours on 16.10.2019 to 1700 hours on 30.10.2019. The candidates registered under National Career Service (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may visit ISRO website and follow the application procedure as stated.
2) Upon on-line registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. The candidates are also advised to take a printout of the online application for future reference.
3) The applicants need not sendany documents such as print out of online application, copies of certificates/mark lists in proof of educational qualification, work experience, age etc. by post.
“Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply”
Last Date To Apply: 30.10.2019