JRF & SRF Fellowship Programme 2019 @ CPRI – Application Details
CPRI invites Chemistry candidates for Fellowship 2019. Junior Research Fellowship, Senior Research Fellowship at CPRI. Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online. Check out all the details on the same on our website Rasayanika.com
Applications are invited for Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and Junior Research Fellow (JRF).
Under this programme, an SRF/JRF gets the opportunity to work full time at CPRI laboratories at Bangalore and other units of CPRI. Available laboratory, computational and Library facilities are provided for carrying out the work on research projects undertaken by officials of CPRI.
Central Power Research Institute (CPRI) is the powerhouse of the Indian electrical industry. Set up in 1960 by the Government of India, it functions as a centre for applied research in electrical power engineering assisting the electrical industry in product development and quality assurance.
Senior Research Fellow (SRF): Ph.D. (Engg) (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Chemical): Post
Graduate in Engineering with first class in the relevant area of specialization with a consistently high level of academic record, aptitude for research with valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) / UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) score. Ph.D. (Chemistry): M.Sc. (Chemistry)/ M.Phil (Chemistry) with first class in the relevant area of specialization with a consistently high level of academic record, aptitude for research with valid GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) / UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) score.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF): Graduate in Engineering from the Institution/University
recognized by VTU/RTMNU as applicable having a first class with a consistently high level of
academic record, aptitude for research and valid GATE / UGC NET score.
CPRI will shortlist the candidates for admission to M.Sc (Engg) /PhD on merit, based
on the average percentage of marks obtained in all semesters in the qualifying
examination(Graduate/Post-graduate in Engineering/M.Sc), GATE / UGC NET score and marks obtained in a personal interview. Shortlisted candidates should apply to VTU/RTMNU through “CPRI Research Centre” for admission to M.Sc (Engg) / Ph.D. Candidates who are declared eligible for M.Sc (Engg) / Ph.D, by VTU/RTMNU will be awarded Fellowship by CPRI.
Remuneration and other facilities:
1. SRF shall get Rs.30,000/- (Rupees thirty thousand only) per month
2. JRF shall get Rs.20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand only) per month
3. JRFs/SRFs will be provided accommodation at CPRI quarters, subject to availability on
payment of nominal rent and subsidized canteen facility at par with CPRI officials.
4. SRF/JRFs are eligible for hike in fellowship upon meeting the stipulated performance
5. SRF/JRFs are sponsored to attend conferences to present technical papers
Duration of Fellowship is three years for SRFs with a provision of extension up to one year in exceptional cases, based on the recommendation of the Committee appointed by the Competent Authority. Duration of Fellowship is two years for JRFs with a provision of extension up to six months in exceptional cases, based on the recommendation of the Committee appointed by the Competent Authority. If the performance of the JRF/SRF is not found to be satisfactory, his/her fellowship may be discontinued before the completion of tenure.
How to apply:
1. Candidates may apply in the prescribed application form given in Annexure – II.
Completely filled in Application Form and all necessary enclosures may be sent in a
sealed cover superscribed with ‘APPLICATION FOR JRF / SRF’ to ‘Chief
Administrative Officer’, Central Power Research Institute, Prof.Sir C.V. Raman Road, PB
NO.8066, Sadashiva Nagar P.O. Bangalore – 560 080’ on or before 05.07.2019.
2. Self-attested Copies of the certificates related to age, qualifications, caste, experience etc., shall be submitted along with the application form.
3. Self-attested copy of valid GATE/ UGC NET score card in relevant area shall be
submitted along with the application form.
4. Self-attested copies of research publications in journals and conferences, if any, should be attached along with the application form.
5. One recent passport size photograph shall be affixed to the application form.
6. A brief bio data of the candidate (not exceeding 1 page) shall be enclosed along with the
7. Candidates already working in any Government organization should apply through proper channel.
Last Date To Apply: 05.07.2019.
View Main Notification
Editor’s Note: JRF & SRF Fellowship Programme , CPRI – Application Details, Junior Research Fellow, Senior Research Fellow at CPRI. Job opening at CPRI, CPRI Jobs, Job opening at CPRI 2019, CPRI 2019, Subscribe to Rasayanika for latest chemistry and Pharma job. Follow us on Facebook.