R&D Chemist Post Vacancy @ Sherwin Williams – Apply Online
Sherwin Williams hiring chemistry candidates for the post of R&D Chemist. Interested and eligible candidates with experience in relevant field may apply for this post via online mode. Check out all the details on the same below:
Job Number: 190009DQ
Location: Bangalore, India
Job Title: R&D Chemist
Eligibility: MSc Chemistry, Bsc Chemistry
Performs intermediate analyses, testing, and formulation of new products. Responsibilities may include assisting with selecting project materials, performing independent short-term or sub-sets of larger projects. The Chemist performing intermediate level professional development on a daily basis, generally working with a few formula types, and having less of an understanding of product lines and application methods. May supervise support level technicians on a day-to-day basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs analyses, tests, and development of new or updated formulas that require an intermediate understanding of chemistry, product lines, and materials; assists with determining quality standards.
- Develops and adjusts product formulas, assists with raw material evaluation and selection develops test batches and applies a basic understanding of application principles and practices; assists with the development and scale up of production formulas.
- Assists with analyzing, evaluating, and selecting materials for tests and production batches.
- Serves as a team member for projects that are complex in nature and are generally sub-sets of larger objectives and provides professional support to the product development, quality control, manufacturing processes, and other operations.
Complies with department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Develops reports and draws conclusions detailing tests, projects, and overall results.
- Responds to complex questions and concerns from plants, research technicians, quality control, customers and other internal and external parties regarding development and related programs and services.
- Operates, cleans, and calibrates a variety of equipment that requires professional judgment and background; also utilizes technical or standard equipment during the course of projects.
- May assist with general project management and provides input regarding budget, resources, timelines, and other project requirements.
May supervise or serve as a lead to lower level technicians or support personnel performing research projects.
Relevant years of industrial chemistry experience, experience within the paint and/or coatings industry is preferred.
- Understands and works with a wide range of technology platforms;\
- Develops new products and modifies existing products to improve product performance;
- Sets-up and conducts experimental designs and draws conclusions;
- Demonstrates a track record of commercial successes;
- Prioritizing daily project activities and maintains project timelines;
- Applying a general understanding of the commercialization process;
- Increased knowledge of production processes and how they apply to lab practices;
- Reviews and completes forms and documentation in CRM to help manage projects through the stagegate process;
- Able to access, understand, and use technical literature;
- Demonstrates sound engineering and chemistry principles to independently solve application and process problems in a safe and efficient manner;
- General understanding of six sigma principles;
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism when communicating with other departments, suppliers, sales people, and customers;
Editor’s Note: Msc Chemistry jobs, Chemistry jobs, Chemistry, Chemistry jobs 2019, Chemistry jobs at Sherwin Williams, Sherwin Williams, MSc, Chemistry, Jobs in Chemistry, Pharma jobs, Pharma jobs 2019, M Pharma jobs, Junior Research Fellow, subscribe to Rasayanika for latest pharma and chemistry jobs.